FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Starscape Tshirts and Mousepads
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spreadshirt do mousemats and stuff as well as clothes. They also have a European site at Spreadshirt.net which may mean shipping is cheaper.

I looked into this stuff a while ago, and Spreadshirt seemed well recommended, but at the time they only had a German site, so it might be worth checking them out now they've got an English site as well.
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about doorags? Pirates and Bikers swear by them. Could be another cool garment idea Smile

And pins, lets not forget pins. I don't wear the two doorags I own, they're even too cool for me to pull that off, but I could hang it on a wall with my pins proudly displayed on them as backdrops Smile
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
Spreadshirt do mousemats and stuff as well as clothes.

Ahh - I thought they didn't, but they do on the European server. Anyone want a Teddybär?

Looks pretty good, Cafe Press still has better products, but spreadshirt is definitely one to keep an eye on for when they start having more products on the American server. I might order some black tshirts as a test.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Dallas wrote:
What about doorags? Pirates and Bikers swear by them. Could be another cool garment idea Smile

And pins, lets not forget pins. I don't wear the two doorags I own, they're even too cool for me to pull that off, but I could hang it on a wall with my pins proudly displayed on them as backdrops Smile

I must be getting old Very Happy None of that made any sense! Pirates wearing Doorags? They used to wear wooden legs and parrots in my day Wink
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well, they're just square pieces of cloth with logos or patterns on them, and sometimes worn instead of hats, its just sorta wrapped around their head. One that I have I bought at a concert and has a nifty skull motif, perfect for pirates Smile The other came special when I ordered the adventure game Full Throttle from Lucasarts way back in the day.

Too bad Full Throttle 2 got put on hold indefinitely, I was looking forward to playing another adventure game, not many are made these days. And yes, I was holding out to see if they'd throw in a cool gimmicky item with their game again Smile
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Dallas wrote:
Too bad Full Throttle 2 got put on hold indefinitely

Yes, it was sad to see Sam & Max canned too. I keep thinking this would be a good genre for indies to take up the mantle, but it's such a content heavy genre, and there is an artist drought in the indie games industry. I think I read an article somehwere by a guy from lucasarts saying its pretty much impossible to make money out of them right now. He even included a break down of costs and how much you could possibly make.
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, its funny, but the word for what I was thinking of for that garment is actually called a bandana. Its strange how things come up in your head while your out driving around. I think I first heard doorag in reference somewhere with the full throttle promotion.

Yep, Sam & Max 2, another good example. I wonder if this build up to Ep III had any part in their postponement/cancellation, presuming any of their teams were actively pursuing Star Wars projects as opposed to working on their other licenses, as you said, cause money coming in for them would be much less for their other properties.

I sort of hope that's the reason, cause that'll mean the titles aren't dead, they're just resting.
The Dark Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for someone that does licensed figurines, I know a lot of people wo swear by www.ntoonz.com for stuff like that. It's nothing hugely elaborate, it's just a guy doing made-to-order polymer clay work.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dark Bunny wrote:
If you're looking for someone that does licensed figurines, I know a lot of people wo swear by www.ntoonz.com for stuff like that. It's nothing hugely elaborate, it's just a guy doing made-to-order polymer clay work.

Looks nice actually, but I'm pretty sure rotocast vinyl is the way to go. The problem isn't so much needing limited runs, but actually getting in touch with a good factories agent - someone who talks to the factories in Hong Kong.

Plush toys seem much easier to deal with - since their manufacture relies on the templating of fabrics, there's a lot of Western companies that can do the prototyping locally, then arrange the Hong Kong Manufacture for us. Seems much easier, so I think that's the first area we'll look at for any merchandising. If that goes well (If it pays for itself then that's a win as far as I'm concerned) then vinyl toys would be soemthing I'd love to look at. Starscape / War Angels characters don't really suit plush toys Sad
tieron_asaki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

****, as my bro would say...

Any other colours besides white planning on being made available?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tieron_asaki wrote:
Any other colours besides white planning on being made available?

Tshirts? Not currently - cafepress only do on demand stuff to white. At some point, we may get some screen printed ourselves, but it would be a limite run, and one size only if we did that...
Vinz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I announce the launch in the UK of Comboutique.com that allows you to create your own custom merchandising just like Spreadshirt or Cafepress but with extra functionalities:

- An exclusive printing technology that produces sun and water resistant photo-realistic printings on white and dark garments (no color limitation for your designs ...)
- All your products are automatically submitted to the main search engines with the benefit of Comboutique excellent ranking
- A risk free purchase with our 100% money back guarantee
- No hidden fees and no ads on your shop pages (no monthly fees for a fully customised international shop without ads, for example…)

http://www.comboutique.com/uk.php
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up vinz! I'll be checking that out right away!
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eek! £17.94 base rate when shipped to the US, and country default VAT for France at 19.6% with no way to avoid that if you don't live in France.

That's currently $32 + to get tshirts to the US. sounds a lot to me (would anyone pay that?)

A shame, because the technology looks great. If they opened a US based arm, they'd make a killing.

Still, I might order some to check the quality, they'll make good prizes Smile
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woohoo!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: