FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
batman!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  

Poll Result
  batman Vs spiderman  

bats
100%
 100%  [ 8 ]
spidy
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8  

Author
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: batman! Reply with quote

best comic book movie EVER!

[EDIT:][added poll]

Last edited by icarus on Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are going to go soon, so we'll let you know what we think Smile

Does it use any of the Frank Miller Batman origins comic at all?
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure

but i mean it when i say its the BEST superhero movie ever
Lothar
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hearing "best" from a lot of places. It's convinced me to go next time I have the chance.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icarus wrote:
but i mean it when i say its the BEST superhero movie ever

Not like that's saying much Wink Cool though, I'm looking forward to it Smile

I have to admit, I'm pretty down on superhero movies, but then I've never really enjoyed superhero comics (apart from Miller Daredevil/Elektra/Dark Knight Returns).

Spidey 2 was ok, although my personal favourite has always been Unbreakable (vastly underrated in my opinion), but then, it's not based on any existing superhero comics - so maybe it doesn't count?

If you think about it, there's been a lot of really bad superhero movies; I don't even rate the original batman movies that much. The first one was great until Tim Burton tacked on his usual broken ending (Can that guy ever finish a movie properly??)

Probably Xmen2 and Spidey 2 are the best up to now? And maybe the old supermans.. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Fost on Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first two Supermans, both X-Men and thought both Spideys were good.

Still haven't seen new Batman or Sin City yet.

And yea, for a generic superhero-ish story, I thought Unbreakable has a lot going for it.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sin city is comic book, but it's not a superhero film.

I didn't really go for Spidey 1 - probably because the Green Goblin was a bit silly, although Kirsten Dunst is always a plus in any film Wink

For non comic origin films, The Incredibles has to be in there, I loved that film.

You'd think there'd be more memorable ones though, it's not like we've been short on them in the past few years. Blade 1 isn't bad although it doesn't really live up to it's opening sequences and I hated the second one, plus thought the 3rd was memorable for being a big iPod advert. Sad
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you should see it

its all dark and dramatic
and there are no rubber nipples

it pwns spiderman and Xmen
jollyreaper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as superhero movies go, I think Incredibles is great. X-Men 1 and 2 had potential but was undercut by just not being good enough. Spiderman 1 was just about perfect but somehow Willihem Dafoe, a great actor, wasn't good as Goblin. So that's a 9/10, could have been 10/10. Haven't seen Spiderman 2 yet.

As for the Batmans, Begins definately reigns above all the rest. It's probably one of the best superhero movies ever done. I haven't seen Superman in ages, loved it as a kid but probably wouldn't like it now. I don't like the character as much, he's a bit too twinkish. As far as characters go, I always liked Batman for the somber brooding approach and Spiderman never took himself seriously and that's always great.

As for Begins, it has a more Miller feel (being set in reality rather than whimsical campy Batman world) but doesn't dwell in the pits of human wretchedness the way he likes to. I thought Miller's early Batman work was good, giving the character a breath of dank but credible air but he just spun out into being dark for dark's sake and it shows. The Dark Knight Returns was a good idea but not executed up to the standards it could have been and the sequel to that one was just bizarre.

As far as Sin City goes, I thought it was a decent adaptation of the source material but was a bit too nihilistic. It was dark not in a realistic, credible way but more along the lines of a poorly-written fanfic by some teenager. "It's dark because life is dark! Life is pain! Look at the wallowing in darkness we have here! DARK DARK DARK!!! BLAAAAYAGH!" Very stylistic, but in the end I just felt like taking a shower. I thought Jet Li's Unleashed was a far better exploration of dark themes, showing someone buried so deep you don't think he could get out, then you cheer him on when he does. Plus Morgan Freeman is the bee's knees.
HunterXI

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn that movie was good. I'd go and see it again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: