FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Nintendo Wii
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  

Poll Result
  Wii - Good or bad?  

It rules!
42%
 42%  [ 6 ]
It sucks!
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Its ***????
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 14  

Author

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, they're trying to make it less intimidating to the general public. If it looks like a remote, mum isn't going to complain so much about it lying around, is she? And as long as the control schemes are well enough thought out, it'll be fine.
Max Gene

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No man, I lose remotes all the time...

At any rate, I refuse to call it a Wii, for now. It's still the Revolution, cuz' Nintendo Power hasn't reported on the name and the issue just came, the morons =P.

Stupid consoles... I don't have the money to keep upgrading my hardware. I just bought a DS, which I love, at Christmas, or at least paid for half of it. The Revolution is sweet, but just out of my range for now. On the other hand, it plays an awful lot- maybe if it's not TOO expensive I'll trade in my cube.
pflarr

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the name. Regardless of how stupid it may or may not be, it makes me smile and chuckle to hear it. The name will stick in people's minds. Even if they don't like it, it will still make them smile. The name is genius, and nothing Sony or M$ can do will ever match the universal accessibility of it.

Personally, I can't wait to play with my Wii.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pflarr wrote:
The name will stick in people's minds. Even if they don't like it, it will still make them smile.

I'm starting to think that - it's certainly made the world talk about the console more Smile

I have a feeling it may tie into a broader marketing campaign where 'wii' does not stand alone.

i.e: Nintendo: Wii Game...
Magnulus

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DISCLAIMER: I promise this is my first and last Wii joke ever

You'd need to GET a Wii before you can play with it, boy.
Zippo342

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm starting to think that - it's certainly made the world talk about the console more

Hrm.... Is Moonpod games going to be changing the names of it's games last minute too now?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zippo342 wrote:
Is Moonpod games going to be changing the names of it's games last minute too now?

Yeah! Mr. Robot is going to be renamed 'number too'.

you heard it here first...

PS: Zippo342 - have you seen 'Buffalo Soldiers'? Saw it the other day and thought it was funny. Pretty black humour though, so probably not everybody's cup of tea. Hopefully the army over in Germany isn't anything like that though Wink
simonb

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Human
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well time got to play with there wii.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2006/05/07/news_6149308.html?part=rss&tag=gs_&subj=6149308
Johnh

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ahead and voted for the "it rocks!" choice. If Nintendo plays their cards right, they will expand their market considerably, and make a tidy profit too. However, they will have to be careful not to lose the rest of their hard core gamers to the PS3 and the 360.

My only problem with "innovation" in the console market is that nobody really takes advantage of it. I've played several DS games where the use of the touch screen seemed to have been thrown in there just so that the touch screen was used. For example, the game Nanostray: you use the touch screen ONLY to change weapons and to "scan" bosses. It would have been just as easy to use buttons to cycle through the weapons, and the game would not have suffered at all if they removed the requirement to "scan" the bosses.

Now, there are games like Metroid Prime: Hunters where they use the touch screen pretty well (though it isn't as ergonomic as I would have liked it to be).
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after watching the Red Steel E3 gameplay video i now realize that the Wii is **** AWESOME!
Anticheese

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learn from the initial oblivion hype post - Dont swear its awsome untill you have played it.

Admittedly I'm slightly guilty myself, But y'know, It sucks when you make a huge mistake.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from some first hand reports we've heard, Red Steel is a bit clumsy in its implementation of the controller - of course it's not finished. However, we have heard that Metroid is pretty amazing - even better than dual stick controls. several people have said it's more akin to using a mouse in a PC fps.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well waching the guy shoot the TV with "Da sideways Gangsta grip" and the swordfighting won me over. Also the graphics look pretty good, but i don't care about that.

And at least i am not going awesome over a pre rendered trailer. *cough*killzone*cough*
Magnulus

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's much of a "crime" to go gaga over previews or videos or even "fake" videos like the Killzone trailer. It's just the way a lot of us function. We really really WANTED to believe the Killzone trailer was real, so it took some doing to convince us it wasn't. Wouldn't it have totally rocked if it was actually real? Huh?

Call us easily fooled and excitable and call us naive. I don't mind the let-down of what Killzone will REALLY look like, 'cause it's worth it for the few days of giddy bliss when I first saw the Killzone trailer. You get downhearted for a bit when you see the real game, but what are graphics, anyway? Do you need one brajillion polygons and lifelike hair in the end?

I'm not going to buy Red Steel anyway, but let's say I was. If it turned out to get terrible reviews, I wouldn't mind so much. Dreamfall got very mixed reviews, but I'm not too sad about that.

Bleh, I'm getting way off my point here. My point is that some of us (including me) just prefer to believe that things are going to be great because the expectations and waiting is part of the fun, rather than guarding ourselves from disappointment by saying "It's gonna suck" or "It's fake" about everything that looks cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: