FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Ideas gleaned from the thought of a Starscape RTS...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  

Poll Result
  Should StarScape have an RTS (Aegis-based) pilot mode?  

I'd LOVE to fly the Aegis around for a change...
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
I could take it or leave it.
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
I wouldn't use it. That sounds dangerous...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5  

Author

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Ideas gleaned from the thought of a Starscape RTS... Reply with quote

Basically, an action game where you don't directly control the action...

You control the production of the ships, and give each one a priority at launch, and redefine them on the fly...
Priorities:
Mine asteroids
Destroy motherships only
Kill all the Archnid
Kill everything that moves
Defend or dock with the aegis...

You may control the camera directly via the arrow keys, click on the radar to move the camera, or hit tab to center it on the next active ship, or ESC to open the Aegis Menu.

You control the movement and hyperspacing of the mothership...
You control when the docking bay doors open (By telling a ship to dock)...
You even control the most powerful weapon currently installed on the aegis. (Turret or Cannon) Scoops and other turrets function automatically...

I think if we had this mode of gameplay, we could probably come up with a lot more ideas for the Aegis. Some people might want Cargo Bays we could store more crystals in... Blaster-sprays, Missles, Heatseekers, and Plasma Torps instead of Turrets... Shields/Drones for the Aegis... Repair Drones... (Repair drones for the Avenger! The avenger is harvesting minerals. What if it could use them outside the aegis?)
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lothar
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you could do an interesting RTS/action hybrid, possibly as a team game.

While in a given node, someone on the Aegis could control:

- Aegis movement (move toward the asteroids, or away from those enemies, or toward that bot, or whatever)
- Opening doors (based on signals from fighters, or just if they look like they're running for the Aegis)
- Targeting of weapons: can control any single turret at a time, and select targeting priorities for the others from a list -- can choose to make fighters, cap ships, moving rocks, worms, or even specific ship types as higher or lower priority (I wish I could do that with the Aegis now!)
- Repairs of the Aegis
- Recycling of items ("gee, you just picked up 3 blaster 1's... I could use those mins. RECYCLED!") so you don't have to wait until you're in hyperspace to get those last 3 purples...
- Giving orders to any AI fighters in the game, such as: mine (all, individual colors, or even "cap-ship mining"), destroy fighters, destroy motherships, destroy all enemies, defend (Aegis, Xenarch stations, or other fighters), dock, etc.
- Handle the R&D queue -- can add new items to the list right away, instead of having to jump out to build them
- Construct AI fighters from available parts

In hyperspace, the Aegis person would control:
- station loadout (turrets, drills, cannons, scoops, and possibly extra "cargo" or "storage" bays)
- station movement node-to-node
- recycling and R&D, as above

And you could add Aegis upgrades (or restrictions) like:
- larger cargo bays
- limited storage of other equipment
- different powered engines
- armor upgrades
- other types of turrets

This would be a fully functional RTS-like game in and of itself, but I think it would lend itself well to a team-based game as well. Here's what people onboard fighters could do:
- generally fly the fighter (kill enemies, mine stuff, etc. -- just like now)
- Signal the Aegis for docking (or for other stuff -- "hey come pick up teh lewt", "hey come shoot at the fighters", etc.)
- Pick up special powerups (extra damage, faster shield recharge, etc. that last for 30 seconds or something like that)

When docked on the Aegis (either in a node or in hyperspace), fighter pilots could:
- repair (but repairs would take time, rather than instant repairs like now)
- modify ships (adding any available equipment, including stuff you'd picked up)
- request items to be built / researched (the Aegis commander approves the requests)
- Request more minerals, or make your own minerals available for the Aegis commander to use
- construct additional fighters, either for themselves or for AI's

Man... if there was a game like that, I'd play it with my wife all the time.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooperative multiplayer would be sooo cool, maybe you could even set it up so people could switch job i.e. let 4 people play and give the Aegis 4 ship births and then people can take out a fighter or control the Aegis or whatever. Obviously whoever grabs a ship or takes control of the Aegis first would lock out the others so a certain amount of cooperation would be required.

Imagine if this was a *light morpg and there were a few different Aegis style stations out there holding the line. Sorry, got carried away.

*light mmorpg - you could go crazy with starscape online but it would be more practical and probably better to keep it true to its arcadey roots, just have different classes of ship and spacestation to allow more playstyle variation.
Chibi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main Aegis is where all players start. It stays in one place in a sector, there for all time, and indestructable. Nobody controls it but PooBear and Fost.

However, once your character collects enough mineral resources (about 10,000 Emerald, 20,000 Topaz, and 40,000 Amethyst), they can begin work on their very own barebones Aegis Station. 10,000 extra Amethyst are required to be synthed into a Building Platform, which you may rent out to future Aegis Builders (and they can build their own Aegises for 10k, 20k, 40k)

Your Aegis is absolutely minimal. It only has impulse drive. No dimensional engine. No turrets. You must go on side-quests to defeat major bosses for drive components. You also have to build up the technologies for your own Cannons, turrets, drills, scoops, etc...
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Magnulus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe something in the vein of Bang! Howdy? I think they actually call that an MMO, which is kind of a strange thing to call a simple multiplayer game. An awesome one, but it's still not massively multiplayer.
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: