FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Fred
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

That was fun and quiet difficult. Took me a while but I got everything. Smile

One comment,

I checked it out in the editor, I noticed you did not put invisiblocks on each bollard (seemed as though I needed an invisiblock on top of switches so I assumed bollards needed them too). I think if you put invisiblocks on the bollard bottoms this wont happen.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify - there's two issues here - the first is that any vertical section of the grid that does not contain a static block will be 'walled' off internally so Asimov can't go there. So, you need to put something under say a switch, to prevent that happening.

The specific issue with bollards is that when they are moving, there's a very slim chance that a robot can intersect the collision and fall into them. The way round this is to put an invisiblock at floor level intersecting the bollard. I'v drawn a yellow square below where the top of the invisiblock should go:

Zharmad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very inspired piece! I guess you spent a bit of time aligning Downstairs.

The only thing I cannot get is how to get past the ballast in Keymaker. Razz Can't quite figure out how to get a crate half-covering the switch without stuffing up.
punman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version Just put up Smile. This should be my final version unless I do a lighting makeover.
If you find easy ways of doing the rooms please let me know so that I may either change the room or simply learn to make better rooms in the future.
Thank you all for your feedback and praise Very Happy.
Sergenth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made it to the END, and my computer choked on all of the particles from the explosions.

"Downstairs" was brilliantly made, and proves that vertical spaces are NEEDED for future adventures! I also really liked the room with the conveyor belt.

One puzzle stumped me for a good, long time (Stax), and it would have been nice if there was a save point either on the floor in Stax or in Deadend. Of course, it might be a bad idea to have a save point situated within a region that is hard to escape from... depends on how sadistic you are. Very Happy
Zharmad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, there we go. Finally have the last teleporter in my hands. Gives me some ideas with the adventure I'm writing.
HEL 9000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Keymaker Reply with quote

HOW THE ******* **** *** ** ** * *** *** * * *** AM I SUPPOSED TO GET THE CRATES ALLIGNED SO I CAN REACH THE BOLLARD AND HAVE IT PUSHED DOWN IN THE ROOM KEYMAKER SO THAT I CAN GET INTO THE GAP IN THE WALL BEHIND IT>!>?!?!><<>!>>!>M#M"F><!#>%?

...PM me a solution PLEASE!!! also i got to "END" but my ability to solve "STAX" is of no help to me in KEYMAKER a nd i REALLY WANT the secrets and stuff.
punman

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just finished testing the new version. I figured out how to change the lighting so each and every room has been carefully tweaked. I also popped up a final message at the end room and gave credit for completing the user adventure.

There are only two more additions that I would like to do:

1. make some of the robots ghost hackable.
2. I'd like getting all the teleports opened to somehow trigger a hard mode which resets all rooms and adds in extra enemies. Obviously I'm going to have to learn some LUA for this one. I wonder If I can create enemies in the existing rooms or if I'd have to make a new roomgroup with a harder copy of the original rooms.

Or can we make hard modes like in the main game?

In any case, expect no major changes in the near future.
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

punman wrote:

2. I'd like getting all the teleports opened to somehow trigger a hard mode which resets all rooms and adds in extra enemies. Obviously I'm going to have to learn some LUA for this one. I wonder If I can create enemies in the existing rooms or if I'd have to make a new roomgroup with a harder copy of the original rooms.

You can almost arbitrarily move dynamic objects around with the script so you can "create enemies" by unhiding them. Smile Now if I knew how to use the function isDynamicObjectTouchingBlockType() then I think I might have enough to really arbitrarily move a dynamic object around if my guess is correct.

I don't think you can reset the room from the script...

Quote:

Or can we make hard modes like in the main game?

You could have a side room at the beginning that has a switch in it that when pressed it sets a key value. Have every room script check this key value and then to make it harder or easier: hide or show moving platforms, robots, crates; make bollards go up or down; etc. Smile

(I have been having lots of fun with controlling moving platforms from a script; one room I made has a moving platform that moves around the room randomly...)
Kenneth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: A little help here... Reply with quote

First of all. "Fred" is an impressive design! I have used hours on getting the Keymaker right. But now I have hit a dead end. I have 4 teleporters but where is the 5th? Is it behind the red door. If that is the case then where is the red key??? I have all but given up... Some help please Question
punman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the red key is hidden somewhere, just keep looking.
Zharmad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a minor bug with the chat dialog. You have extra lines somehow pasted into done.txt
Code:

{

PrecacheImages
   {
      0   data\chat\help\system.tga
   }

text
   {
      page0
      {
         textidstring   [0]*****{

PrecacheImages
   {
      0   data\chat\help\system.tga
   }

text
   {
      page0
      {
         textidstring   [0]*****Congratulations!  Now can you get to all the teleporters?
      }
   }

x             45
   y              453
   width          350
   imageheight     128
   textheight    160

}
      }
   }

x             45
   y              453
   width          350
   imageheight     128
   textheight    160

} ***** - delete
punman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oddly enough when I opened up done.txt to fix it, it was already fixed. Guess it somehow didn't make it into the last update. odd.

Version 1.2 released
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: