FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Facepod / Moonbook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Moonpod News View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Facepod / Moonbook

Moonpod now has a facebook page. For all you trendy people who are into all that social networking malarky :)
ewerybody

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey nice! I took a look into the gallery:
the Podmobile!! Laughing a german car!! and you drink Erdinger.
and the bin: don't you have bottle deposit on the cokes?
"**** game called Half Life" rofl Very Happy

so how many guys are you? I thought only 2!!!??!
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ewerybody wrote:
so how many guys are you? I thought only 2!!!??!

Yeah it's just two. When we did those pictures Darren was with us writing engine code.
James

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ewerybody wrote:
and the bin: don't you have bottle deposit on the cokes?

We don't have that over here. Bottles just get put in the bin. Germany's way ahead of the UK in terms of recycling. Loads of areas still don't even have separate bins for different types of rubbish, so it doesn't get recycled at all.

When I lived in Germany about 10 years ago, I was dead impressed with those machines in the supermarkets that you feed old bottles into. It was like living in the future. I never worked out what the deal was with the shelf in the toilets, though.
Slyh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
When I lived in Germany about 10 years ago, I was dead impressed with those machines in the supermarkets that you feed old bottles into.

Those were glass bottles and reusable plastic bottles, right? Perfect for refilling.
Nowadays plastic bottles become more an more popular, both among customers and supermarkets as they are easier to handle (->lighter). There are reusable plastic bottles and single-serving bottles. (Is this the right word?) The latter still have a deposit on them and "have" to be returned. There are separate machines in the supermarkets which shredder or compress those bottles to save space. These remains are then recycled. I don't now if they are recycled to bottles, though.
Some supermarkets try to sell as many one-way bottles as possible to save space for returned glass or refillable plastic bottles. All discounters (ALDI, LIDL) here only sell one-way bottles, even if it's beer which otherwise is only delivered in glass bottle.
These one-way bottles are around for only about 3-5 years now, I think.

James wrote:
I never worked out what the deal was with the shelf in the toilets, though.

Shelf in the toilet? You mean the one above the toilet to store toilet paper (and other stuff) on?
ewerybody

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
I never worked out what the deal was with the shelf in the toilets, though.
me neither. what shelf? sounds as it would be a special shelf you made your experience with Very Happy
Slyh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he didn't mean 'shelf', but 'shells'. Yes, those 3 seashells in the bathroom are a real mystery for some... ;-)
ewerybody

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't that a quote from a movie?!?! Very Happy
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick search suggests this is what he means: http://www.leftfield.org/~scott/misc/toilet.htm
Slyh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, the "shelf" in the toilet bowl?!

Well, yeah, the linked text lies. No one buying a toilet today will go for the "german version". You may still find those types of toilets in old buildings, but I don't think they are common any more. There was one in the bathroom of a building from the early 20th century I once lived in. Apart from that I can not remember having encountered this type of toilet anywhere else here in germany.
ewerybody

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh dear! Laughing that was good. The text is hillarious!!

We actually had/have such a "Flachspueler" ("flatflusher") at my parents place! But at home here we don't and as you say slyh: I don't know where else...

But the text is made up as well. I mean since I was raised with that "old" typeof toilet the experience was new somewhen in my childhood to sit on that new version. You don't need
Quote:
to eject a hefty pellet at tremendous velocity
to wet yourself. If you do a precisely centered drop of not too much you get a free flush down there..
but .. hell I must apologize. we started at facebook, huh??! Very Happy
Rolling Eyes
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discussion of Facebook leads to talk about excrement... Seems appropriate to me.

(Yes, I got a Facebook. Under duress. I still hate it. You have been bitten by a rabid pirate zombie cavalier walrus! You have 5,319 application requests! Bozo has added the "wich thudnercat r u?" application! Find out what your friends really think of you! Bozo sent you five pints of absinthe and vodka!)
SethP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Weeble on this one.

What I really want is a profile-global "Block application invite" settings. If an application is so good that I cant live without it, there's other ways to get me that information.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find FB useful as I have friends dotted all over the place and the picture tag/comment system is really great.

Here's my solution to the zombie problem: You can now block the app from the request, so the common Zombie/pirate/werewolf/vampire ones should just get blocked.

However, there's always someone who adds every stupid new app that turns up, resulting in a kind of epileptic fit into your facebook account because they always invite others. Just delete them - if they then ask why you've done that, then you at least get the opportunity to educate them on the error of their ways.

I haven't had any app requests in ages since getting rid of the 3 people who caused all the problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Moonpod News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: