FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Capitalism: a love story
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Capitalism: a love story Reply with quote

Watch this film!!!

Michael Moore makes some great documentaries, his chubby, bumbling, baseball cap larger than life personality makes for a funny/heartbreaking style that's a bit more entertaining than the usual dry old docu formula.

Watch out for 'democratic companies' - what a SUPERB idea, everyone owns a share in the company (not an option but a real share). So everyone gets paid proportional to the shares they own and the performance of the company. Everybody gets a vote when deciding company policy. The CEO doesn't necessarily get more shares than anyone else (I guess it is decided by how long you work there).

Fantastic idea.

codergames

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the movie, while that's a great idea and its working, it will never be accepted by the greedy NWO corporations ... because of the greed part. And those people who founded the corporation are all good people, that's rare these days.
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Capitalism: a love story Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:

Watch out for 'democratic companies' - what a SUPERB idea, everyone owns a share in the company (not an option but a real share). So everyone gets paid proportional to the shares they own and the performance of the company. Everybody gets a vote when deciding company policy. The CEO doesn't necessarily get more shares than anyone else (I guess it is decided by how long you work there).

Fantastic idea.

I've actually heard of a company very like that and know someone who works for it. All the employees own the company. He was telling me about how the CEO was wanting to make the company public (i.e. sell shares to non employees) and the employees voted him down.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo!

It's a shame there aren't more democratic companies. I just don't get people's need for power and wealth, you just need to be happy. I know that sounds a bit fluffy, but all you need financially is a roof over your head and some food in your belly and enough to keep the tax man at bay. It really isn't all that much when you break it down.
codergames

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but you have evil NWO trying to make people sick all the time so that good people become customers of, so called, health care system and pharmaceutical companies and they are quite greedy.

So, while the idea is the most positive and it works, there are forces of evil that won't allow something like that to happen.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:
I just don't get people's need for power and wealth, you just need to be happy. I know that sounds a bit fluffy, but all you need financially is a roof over your head and some food in your belly and enough to keep the tax man at bay. It really isn't all that much when you break it down.

Speak for yourself. I happen to want to buy so much stuff it's not funny. It's just that being a "full-time" student with no proper job, not even part time, what money I get is generally gone not long after I load Steam on any given weekend.
codergames

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Mark on this one ... we accept the ways of the system without questioning it ... we should go against the system changing things the way we want so that everyone would end up happy. We pursue wrong values and the system is all wrong.

Have you ever wondered why the most evil and dumb people get all the best positions, most of the money and most of the power? Those dumb and evil people made this world the way it is today: aggressive, deceiving, corrupted, spreading like cancer, causing cancer, etc. Dumb and evil people are obedient and they're very valuable to the system, that's why the system takes care of them.

http://www.arrivals.technocrazed.com/
http://wakeupproject.com
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codergames wrote:
Have you ever wondered why the most evil and dumb people get all the best positions, most of the money and most of the power? Those dumb and evil people made this world the way it is today: aggressive, deceiving, corrupted, spreading like cancer, causing cancer, etc. Dumb and evil people are obedient and they're very valuable to the system, that's why the system takes care of them.

I beg to differ. There's a lot of people who have worked hard to get to where the are today (Sir Richard Branson comes to mind).

That's not to say everything is perfect however (far from it), but people are resistant to change and very rarely can you solve one problem without introducing another.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a related note:

DogBoy
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codergames wrote:
I'm with Mark on this one ... we accept the ways of the system without questioning it ... we should go against the system changing things the way we want so that everyone would end up happy. We pursue wrong values and the system is all wrong.

Case in point: automated customer service telephony. "If you'd like to keep hearing irrelevant recordings before being disconnected, press 1. If you'd like to be disconnected immediately, press 2."

Being especially generous (and accounting for memory bias), I estimate that 40% of the customer service calls I make to automated customer service systems are resolved satisfactorily by the computer voice. Some systems will *never* put you through to a human operator (e.g. the UK Post Office). Corporate customer service has more or less universally deteriorated in the last 20 years, and I don't see that the problems requiring customer service have become any less frequent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: