FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Konedima's Guide to Steam Bargains
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Konedima seems to be asleep: Steam are currently offering Portal for free to anyone who wants it and doesn't already have a copy, to celebrate their release of Steam-for-Macs. Either that, or Konedima doesn't believe in the existence of people who don't own Portal, I guess Wink
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - portal for free, bargain Smile
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisj wrote:
Since Konedima seems to be asleep: Steam are currently offering Portal for free to anyone who wants it and doesn't already have a copy, to celebrate their release of Steam-for-Macs. Either that, or Konedima doesn't believe in the existence of people who don't own Portal, I guess Wink

Everybody shoould have Portal by now. In fact, everybody should have the whole Orange Box by now! Or every Valve game ever made! Or something!
Of course, maybe the reason I'm not reporting on this Mac related news is quite simple - I hate the things.
The website says Portal is only free until May 24th, so I'm not sure whether that means the free copy deactivates then or it won't be free afterwards. Either way you should play it.
(This is of course trying to get people who wouldn't otherwise be interested in Portal to get Portal 2 when it comes out).
Other specials for the Mac launch are the following (all work on both PC and Mac... obviously).
The Steam Play Indie Pack contains And Yet It Moves, Galcon Fusion, Machinarium, Osmos and World of Goo for $19.99 - ends May 19th.
Torchlight is 50% off, down to $9.99 (until when? No idea!).
Quantz (not that I have any idea what it is) is 70% off, down to $3.00.

These have been over for a while.

Last edited by Konedima on Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chrisj

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konedima wrote:

Of course, maybe the reason I'm not reporting on this Mac related news is quite simple - I hate the things.

Yes, but Portal is free on the PC too. And there's a cute video about it, too. I like the idea of weeding out people who demonstrate poor character when confronted with science Smile
Konedima wrote:

The website says Portal is only free until May 24th, so I'm not sure whether that means the free copy deactivates then or it won't be free afterwards.

Yes, I wondered about that. I'd guess the latter, but....
codergames

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it means they'll charge your credit card after that date.
Slyh

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No.

(Did I say this before?)
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codergames wrote:
I think it means they'll charge your credit card after that date.

Seriously dude, stop with the Steam hate. You don't have to like it, but spreading lies like this does nobody any good. Steam isn't some shady operation run out of someone's shed somewhere, designed only to part people from their money. It's run by a reputable game developer (Valve) with the support of most (if not all) of the major game publishers - Activision, Codemasters, EA, Eidos, LucasArts, Sega, Square Enix, THQ, Ubisoft and others. I doubt they'd get that much support if they weren't a legitimate operation (which also happened to be the most popular PC game digital distribution service, with millions of users - I think if there was something wrong there'd be a mass revolt somewhere).

No reputable company will charge your credit card for something they said was free two weeks earlier. They don't have to continue to provide it for free, but I doubt by law they'd be allowed to charge you for it (and if they did, you'd be well within your rights to have your credit card company reverse the charge).
Slyh wrote:
No.

(Did I say this before?)

You know, I do believe you did. Maybe if codergamers doesn't have anything nice to say about Steam he should stay out of my thread.

Also, Tropico 3 is 75% off for a week (so I'm guessing until sometime around the 21st), down to $7.50. Curses! I paid $9.99 for it last time it was on special. Oh, I've been made such a fool... Crying or Very sad
Johnh

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konedima wrote:
Steam isn't some shady operation run out of someone's shed somewhere, designed only to part people from their money.

I'd say they do a mighty fun job of separating me from my money... Laughing
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following are on special this weekend:
Team Fortress 2 is 50% off ($9.99). It's also free to play this weekend. Also, play it on a Mac before June 14 and get a free set of in-game earbuds. I'm quite happy with my Max head though.
Metro 2033 is also 50% off. $39.99 here, $24.99 in places where publishers don't enjoy gouging those of us in the southern hemisphere out of all our cash.
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition (that's the game and all the DLC) is, funnily enough, 50% off ($24.99).
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition Deluxe (that's a mouthful) has the game, it's expansion, and all the DLC, and it's 66% off ($8.50).
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition (the game and both its expansions) is 75% off ($5.00).

All over.

Last edited by Konedima on Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
codergames

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking out loud, I'm not sure what it means. Valve is super, they did a Half-Life series, although too violent for a peaceful and lovable person like myself.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

codergames wrote:
I was thinking out loud, I'm not sure what it means. Valve is super, they did a Half-Life series, although too violent for a peaceful and lovable person like myself.

Play Portal. The only things you hurt are robots (and you don't even have a real gun, just a portal gun). And trust me, Half-Life barely seems violent at all if you compare it to Left 4 Dead.
codergames

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played Portal, very original, I liked it. Good example that you don't really need good graphics when you have a great idea for a game. Unfortunately, had not to played the full version, because I like resting while playing, can't strain my brain in my spare-time, I'd rather sleep then.

Its not for casual players like myself.

Hey Konedima, you seem like a changed person now, talking all nicely and stuff ... what happened? ... to tell you the truth, I'm not used to it, its creepy a bit too Sad
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week it's EA week!! Not sure why I'm so happy, since EA and Activision are generally the ones overcharging Australians on Steam.
Monday: 50% off the following: Crysis ($14.99). Crysis Warhead ($9.99 for those of you lucky enough not to be here, 50% more for everyone else). Crysis Maximum Edition (both games, $19.99 (actually a saving) not here, $29.98 (not saving you anything) here).
Tuesday: Battlefield 2 50% off, $14.99. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 33% off. $33.49 not here, $46.89 here. Also: buy Bad Company 2 and pre-order Medal of Honor and get MoH beta access 4 days early (June 17 instead of June 21).
Wednesday: Command & Conquer games. C&C4: 33% off, $46.89 here, $33.49 not here. C&C3: 50% off, $14.99. C&C3: Kane's Wrath: 50% off, $9.99. C&C:RA3: 50% off, $14.99. C&C:RA3 - Uprising: 75% off. $4.99.
Thursday: Racing games. Need for Speed: Shift: 25% off, $22.49. Need for Speed: Undercover: 50% off, $4.99. Burnout Paradise: 75% off, $7.49 (and if you don't have it, buy it. NOW).
Friday: Mirror's Edge: 75% off, $4.99. Dead Space: 50% off. $14.99 here, $9.99 not here. Spore: 33% off, $26.79. Spore Creepy & Cute Parts Pack: 33% off, $13.39. Spore Galactic Adventures: 33% off. $20.09. Spore Complete Pack: 33% off, $60.27.
Saturday: Mass Effect: 75% off, $4.99. Mass Effect 2: 40% off. $41.99 here, $23.99 not here. Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition: $47.99 here, $35.99 not here.
Sunday: Dragon Age: Origins: 33% off, $46.89 here, $26.79 not here. Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition 33% off, $53.59 here, $33.49 not here. Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening: 25% off, $29.99 (same here for once!). DA:O + DA:O-A: 40% off, $65.99 here, $47.99 not here. DA:O Deluxe + DA:O-A: 40% off, $71.99 here, $53.99 not here.

All over! I'm actually surprised there was a day (just one) where nothing on special was more expensive here.

Last edited by Konedima on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:21 am; edited 7 times in total
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No demo available, eh? I did play the Crysis demo an age ago on a previous computer, it was JUST playable. I wasn't really that impressed, maybe it was the lacklustre performance, I was running low rez with everything turned off. Seemed like a fairly dull fps being sold as a tech demo, I could be wrong though as I could only suffer the performance for ~10mins. Is it any good?
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:
No demo available, eh? I did play the Crysis demo an age ago on a previous computer, it was JUST playable. I wasn't really that impressed, maybe it was the lacklustre performance, I was running low rez with everything turned off. Seemed like a fairly dull fps being sold as a tech demo, I could be wrong though as I could only suffer the performance for ~10mins. Is it any good?

If you want the demo, you can get it here (http://www.filefront.com/8895696/Crysis-SP-Demo/).
Seemed pretty boring to me when I played the demo (first as a slideshow a while ago when it was first released, and then again when I got my 5770)... just seemed rather boring... I wouldn't recommend it personally (the only bit of fun I managed to get out of it was playing around with the level editor on a friend's computer, creating massive stacks of explosive barrels), and I'm not buying it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: