FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Oil Blue sales
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Independent Game Development View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Oil Blue sales Reply with quote

An interesting article by the creator of 'oil blue' - a very strange sounding game where you operate robotic oil drilling platforms in the future. Each drilling phase has ever increasing targets to hit so you need to bring on more and more robot machinery which all needs micro-managing. It's like juggling lots of simple mini-game puzzles against the clock. I thought it was pretty good, I like how it looked and it's fairly surreal atmosphere, but I couldn't keep on top of the mini-game tasks and started missing my targets which put me off after a while. Definitely worth a try though.

Demo here: http://www.vertigogaming.net/game/oilblue

In it he discusses the ups and downs of releasing an indie game when you ARE'NT an indie darling. Which I think is interesting because it shows the more likely outcome to indie development (we can't all have braid/goo style success). The point being, if you can get buy OK on this tiny income then it becomes a viable career and more people can start doing it.

http://gamasutra.com/blogs/DavidGalindo/20100724/5531/How_much_do_indie_PC_devs_make_anyways.php
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you have a blowout?
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see that happen, the machinery just broke down if you didn't maintain it properly and then you missed your targets.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Independent Game Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: