FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
MrRobot and gamepads
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr. Robot Support View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to use a wireless Xbox 360 pad to play the game. When I go to change a button (for example, map the PDA to Start), I click on the action I want to change. A screen comes up for a second or so asking me to push the button I want to assign, and then disappears. The action I selected now has a (0) assigned to it. I've set the dead zone all the way up and this still happens.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check you have the latest drivers, your pad is generating output (as if you were pressing a button) when you aren't even touching it. Sounds wrong. I use a wired 360 pad and it works great.
SocialMed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same problem, and have had problems like this with other games as well.

From my experience, this is common in Vista with heavily used gamepads. They tend to develop a small 'deadspot' in the center of the control stick, which causes them to not center properly and make the game/directinput think that they are never quite centered. The problem is related to the fact that gamepads don't have a deadzone in vista.

In other words, when the player lets go of the control stick, instead of the x/y-axis returning to the midpoint value, the instead go to a random value close to the midpoint. For example, my 360 controller's x-axis tends to be anywhere between -600/+500 units off center in direct input when the stick is at rest.

so I see 3 possible solutions for this:

1. have a simple deadzone check on all of the axies.

2. when checking for gampad input, check for button input first, then axis input.

3. Implement xinput compatibility, as this api does not have the deadzone issues. (If you do this with an older game like this, you are insane.)
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that, I'll have to buy a wireless gamepad and try to reproduce it. There already is a dead zone in place, so it isn't that, perhaps there are other analog inputs coming out of the thing I'm not expecting or handling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr. Robot Support All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: