FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
StarScape Forum RPG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  

Poll Result
  D'ya think it could work?  

Yes.
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
It might.
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
No way.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
You -what-?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 8  

Author

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: StarScape Forum RPG Reply with quote

I've been thinking, how about a forum based, roleplaying "version" of StarScape? I'm working on the basics of the actual line of play and writing stuff up mostly, and I'd just like to ask;

Do you think it could work?

Comments, please!

I'll post the "Design Brief" in a couple of days.

(Note; This is not a downloadable game, this is a forum-based roleplaying game in which forum users take the part of one of the crewmen of the Aegis (or whatever I'm going to call it... I might keep the name, I might not!) and play out the story of StarScape... but of course, there WILL be twists and changes, nothing will be exactly the same!)

Ideally, players will have to be fairly regularly active, good at roleplaying, have good spelling and grammar in English, and most of all, interested in keeping the RP alive!

I will probably implement some sort of stats system with "level ups", "skill points" and so on. Teamwork will be essential. When it comes to someone getting a weapon upgrade or ship upgrade, the PC crew will have to confer amongst themselves as to who gets it, same for any research they intend to do, or development. Sure, Player A is the appointed leader, but Player Y is far, far better in combat... so who gets the new Prowler, or the next level of Blaster? That's up to the players to decide.

As I said, feel free to comment, make suggestions. I'd prefer CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, that is, something other than "This sucks" or "What a stupid idea". If you have a point to make, back it up! Wink

Kyth, out.
siirenias

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a sequel to the game?

I would imagine that, after the return of the Aegis, that the possable threat of the Arachnids coming to our space could justify a long-term invasion of the grid to help liberate the Xenarch.
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am working on an RPG for the post nuke forms
Kythorak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siirenias wrote:
Perhaps a sequel to the game?

I would imagine that, after the return of the Aegis, that the possable threat of the Arachnids coming to our space could justify a long-term invasion of the grid to help liberate the Xenarch.

I'm not QUITE finished with StarScape (wandering through Zone 3 hunting down Mining Transports at the moment) so sequels probably wouldn't be a good idea. Admittedly, more flexibility, but then I have a basic story to work with and not much else.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds cool - if you get enough people interested to go ahead with it, let me know and I'll do whatever I can to help. E.g.:perhaps this would be better in it's own sub forum with the GM having moderator access to that forum? Or maybe a bit of web space to store character stats etc?

I don't know, as I don't have a lot of experience with how this might work - maybe Icarus has some good ideas of ways we can help if you have experience with it? Or examples of it being done elsewhere?
Kythorak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sub Forums would be a good idea, and quite useful. Once I'm done working on the brief of it (which is nearly done, it's just a case of fleshing out some more details and making a map) I'll start taking signups.

EDIT: Seeing the current vote levels, if all people that voted Yes/Maybe signed up, I'd definitely have enough players to be going on with for the time being.

I'd be good if I could use some StarScape Graphics (in particular the little ships and component objects) without having to manually clean them up... would that be at all possible? Smile

zOMGMAP;

Orange is Bosses, Blue is Xenarch (good guys) and yellow/black striping is Danger, Green is starting location.

Yes, there are a LOT more Xenarch in the RPG... they'll actually fight the Archnid/Arachnid (my version says Archnid Surprised) and you might come into battles between them. Their primary goal is self defense, but if the Archnid start picking on you, the Xenarch will give you a hand.

Resources are not limitless in Danger Zones! So no exploiting them. Wink
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
maybe Icarus has some good ideas of ways we can help if you have experience with it? Or examples of it being done elsewhere?

yes i can

whatever you do don't use die rolls for a BBS rpg (it slows things down)
Kythorak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to Razz

Brief should be coming shortly, it's just a case of balancing everything out now.

EDIT: I've run quite a few similar RPGs, so don't worry about me needing examples Wink
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kythorak wrote:
I've run quite a few similar RPGs, so don't worry about me needing examples Wink

Sorry - I was actually referring to examples I could look at, so that I could get an idea of anything I could do on the forum to help.
Kythorak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaah.

I used to run a MechWarrior RPG (it's dead now, mostly) over at;

www.simdomain.net/mechrp
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kythorak wrote:
I'd be good if I could use some StarScape Graphics (in particular the little ships and component objects) without having to manually clean them up... would that be at all possible? Smile

no problem - maybe I should sort them out in a folder on our site, so you can link to them easily - would that help?

Kythorak wrote:
the Archnid/Arachnid (my version says Archnid Surprised)

Sigh - in all versions they are the Archnid - it's just nobody every gets it right! Sad
Kythorak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Kythorak wrote:

no problem - maybe I should sort them out in a folder on our site, so you can link to them easily - would that help?

Kythorak wrote:
the Archnid/Arachnid (my version says Archnid Surprised)

Sigh - in all versions they are the Archnid - it's just nobody every gets it right! Sad

1) Yes! That'd be really useful.

2) Makes it look like everyone has a spider obsession! Wink
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know - looking through your mechwarrior forum, I can see how with a lot of php effort, I could make this really cool:

How about:

Special forums where the avatar/info section contains a separate roleplaying name, all your stats, and an avatar made using a custom avatar builder, your ship info etc.

Character Generation Forms.

Some automated play - e.g. I wonder if it's possible to build an entire php back end to things like combat and so on?

That's a really cool idea - 'Starscape Universe' The Starscape roleplaying zone Very Happy

Anyway - I've gone off on one there as I obviously don't have the time to work on it right now, but I'd have a look into things like that if enough people ever get interested.
Kythorak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

That... would work.

If we get enough people, that would be really, really awesome. I'd have to recruit some more GMs to help me with the workload though! *laughs*

(Eesh, I hate the default laughing emote)
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: