FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Hi-Resolution version?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  

Poll Result
  Do you want a Hi-Resolution version of Starscape?  

Yes
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
I'm blind
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6  

Author

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:45 pm    Post subject: Hi-Resolution version? Reply with quote

I played the demo, and I like it... but I want a hi-res option (at least 1024x768). Playing space games in a box that small detracts from the enjoyment.
Inzoum

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

play it full-screen, I think the resolution is fine full-screen, bessides, this issue's already been adressed by the people of Moonpod, the game is sprite-based, and sprites can't be stretched nicely so it's almost impossible to do a high-res version without working all the graphics over again and making the download 2-3 times as big.

-Inzoum
"I'm older than 3D, take that youngsters! har!"
be_andrew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
this issue's already been adressed by the people of Moonpod, the game is sprite-based, and sprites can't be stretched nicely

Again, to bear in mind, they don't need to be stretched. I think the issue isn't resolution per se, as if the sprites were stretched to be the same size only represented by more pixels. The core issue of resolution complaints (as I perceive them) would still remain - namely that of a limited play field.

A game like Baldur's Gate is sprite based, and yet the screen is scalable. However, I never play it above 800x600, because the people just get too wee. On a larger monitor though, having the option to increase the playfield size, (while in no way changing the number of pixels per sprite) is a boon.
Inzoum

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed on the playfield size comment. Though obviously if the resolution is too high and sprites aren't resized, you'll get tiny objects (and a lot of strain for the eyes), and the hightened number of sprites in motion on the screen would lead to higher specs requirements...

I think 90% of the kids playing games these days are spoiled with 3D graphics they can render however they like with texture smoothing algorythms and whatnot, a good game doesn't necessarilly need so much graphical flexibility in my opinion. I've always thought the concept of a game was more interresting than the looks of the game itself... I've played an online RPG called Underlight for years and although it's 2 and a half D (like Duke Nukem 3D), it doesn't need more to be an amazing game (the players make the game what it is, and fortunately, the player base is limited to a few die-hard roleplayers who all think the outfit doesn't make the man, so you don't get any of those spoiled brats you find on more massive-scale MMORPGs)

my two pesos (or canadian pennies, whichever you prefer)

-Inzoum
"The worst foe lies within"
Smilodon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree a good game doesn't necessarily -need- that graphical flexibiliy, but there are also some good reasons why it's a good idea becuse it means more people can play it.

If there was a hi res version it would be less painful to play on some LCD monitors such as cinema displays etc where scaling is simply non existent. You end up playing the game in a tiny window in the middle of your 1900 x 1200 monitor ( as is the situation for a friend of mine ) and this is -when- you are playing the game full screen.

Of course it all comes down to whether the work is worth it. Sure, I'd like to see a hi res version, but I can understand the amount of time it would take to do this, and there's only a few people in this situation.

( slightly OT ) While the players can definitely make the game, I believe it does help if the tools are there and provided by the game. Graphically immersive worlds are always going to have the advantage over those that aren't. However, I would agree with the comment on the sort of players I used to tend to bump into on some of the big MMORPGS. One modern game that has lent itself surprisingly well to roleplaying is actually Neverwinter Nights. While there's a lot of hack n slash servers out there I've experienced a couple of player run peristant worlds servers which are utterly stunning and where everyone roleplays or gives up and goes and plays something else Smile
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: