FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Where they gone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Where they gone? Reply with quote

so i just went through zone 4 and im now currently blowing stuff up in zone 5, but i cant find the xenarch anywhere in both zone 5 and zone 4,..

ive been to most every node in 4 and currently working my way around 5 and i cant find them!

im ure they are here from reading previous posts but i dont know how to activate them. I thought it was from blowing up one of the capital ships, and collecting the junk they drop, but they havent dropped any of the round green balls.

are they in these zones? and if so how can i go back and trigger them? because i really want more tech, before i run off and take out the last baddie,..

well thanks for any help guys
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Xenarch nodes are initially hidden, when you pick up an info pod from the appropriate capital ship it unlocks the node on the zone map. Each zone has one Xenarch node in it, the enemy never go there and they are marked with a purple circle to make them stand out from the rest.

To get enemy intelligence you need to kill the appropriate capital ship for the zone which will then drop the pod that you must collect. Don't worry if you miss one, just kill another.

(see manual for images)
zone1=mine layer
zone2=spore seeder
zone3=gravitron
zone4=interdictor
zone5=jammer

One thing though, if you kill all these ships in a zone (there is a limit) and don't get the pod then that's it - no tech. It is still possible to complete zone 5 with zone 4's weapons (for example), you would need to max out every bit of tech you do have though and it would HARD.

Let me know how you get on, maybe you've just made a mistake with your current zone, if this is a bug we will be right on it but nobody else has reported a problem??
the truth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah im currently meandering around zone 5, taken out a jammer, but nothing,..

also there is nothing left in zone 4, killed everything, but no xenarch, and none of the capital ships dropped the info pods.

hmmm im at work, but i dont remember meeting any interdictor, im at work so im not sure what it looks like, but so far ive only come accross 4 types of capital ship, the 4th one being the jammer in zone 5..

any help would be cool

Thanks!
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be sure the Jammer looks like a mini space station, three spinning discs and it fires out REALLY tough lasers and jams your shields. Wierd if they aren't dropping info pods, nobody else has reported that problem (either our testers or current players). Shouldn't make any difference, but what version are running, if you look in the readme.txt file it should say.

If you killed everything in zone4 then you can't get the tech now, not that you would need it if you could get the lasers in zone 5. Do you think thats too harsh, maybe I should reveal the friendly aliens if you take out the boss and don't get round to visiting them before hand.
the truth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, didnt come accross any jammers,..

currently havent seen any pods on zone 5, but if i need help then ill drop a message.

currently running the original version,..

thanks though,..
the truth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, thats funny

so in zone 5 i found an indictor, killed it for its pod, and opened up zone 5's xenarch, went there got the beam tech, but could only build level 1. so i built it and then that opened up the research for it,...

intresting stuff.!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: