FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Is it just me or do the Mechs look like the mechs from FM?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Battlescape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Is it just me or do the Mechs look like the mechs from FM? Reply with quote

I recently picked Front Mission 3 back up from the dusty confines of my closet just to play into it a little. At the same time I was playing the game I had the Main page on my screen as well as assorted other screens. While I was playing the game I glanced over to my computer and realized that both games have curtain similar qualities in mech construction.

...and now on to my question...

I was wondering if the Mechs from FM have had any bearing for the creation of the Mechs for Battlescape? (not saying you took them or anything like that)
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone asked this once before. I think the main influences were from a book I have by japanese designer 'Yutaka Izubuchi' called 'mechanical design works'.He worked on Gasaraki and Gundam amongst many other things), and his work has probably influenced most Japanese games and anime. I'm a big fan of both Front Mission and Armored Core though, (which both share a similar 'layout'' to the mecha body parts), and I'm sure the fact that I'd just built one of the Front Missions 4 Blizzail paper models was also a factor Very Happy
BluePhoenix

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well mechs of all sorts are pretty similar anyway.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, fundamentally, you've got two legs, two arms, and a head Very Happy but there's still vast stylistic differences between say, a Gundam and a Heavy Gear Mech. We are sticking more to the Gundam|Gasaraki|Heavy Gear|Armored Core end of things. In particular, bits of equipment we like from those games are being shamelessly borrowed, like the FM style 'pile Hammers', or the Heavy Gear multi-launchers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Battlescape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: