FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Spider Man 2 - the Moonpod Company Outing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  

Poll Result
  Spider Man 2, what do you think?  

Dire
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Better than the first one, but that's not saying much
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Whatchable trash
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Superb!
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8  

Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Spider Man 2 - the Moonpod Company Outing Reply with quote

We had the afternoon off today and went to see Spider Man 2 (there really was little else...)

I pretty much hated the first one (apart from Kirsten Dunst Razz ), so I had extremely low expectations of this, and in a way I think that helped; I found it entertaining, if nothing special. Goober seemed to think pretty much the same, but Poo Bear was not impressed one bit.

Wondered what anyone else thought, of course it's probably yesterday's news in the US...
Goober
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did enjoy the first one, and really enjoyed the second one. The only time I felt bilious was on the train, with the kids and the whole "I'm Spartacus" effort, but that was over fairly quick and it was back to the action. Don't expect to be mentally challenged at all, Spoiler (highlight to read):
unless you start wondering how they can submerge a small sun in water without the water instantly boiling - I guess it doesn't matter considering the other science in the film (radioactive spiders),
but if you switch off your brain and treat it like a comic book on film then you'll like it.

And before anyone complains about us taking the afternoon off, we all make up for it at nights and weekends anyway, so leave us alone. Wink

Also, Kirsten Dunst is hot, but Spidey's neighbour hit some kind of resonant frequency in my brain, teh hott and cute. ::drool:: - also, we need a drooling emoticon.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought the beguining was horable but the secound part was great
however i diddent like the songs (this is an action movie not a muisacal
and thare wer some parts that wernt exactly beleavabel
Spoiler (highlight to read):
the fusion reactor was a bit unbeleavable (wouldent evrything just turn to dust) and a fusion reaction that small wouldent hold togeather whithout the contanment feald (stars get held together by thare gravaty)

and anouther flaw doc ook rips a vualt door of its hinges whith his mec arms but whith nouthing to ankor him he would just get puled twords the door and he wouldent be able to throw cars like he did in the movie whithout breaking his leags

overall i give this movie a 6 beacuse it had some magor flaws that ruined an outherwise great movie whithout thoes flaws it would get a 8
the orignal spiderman gets a 7
James

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have any of you tried the game? It's absolutely brilliant (this is the console one, by the way, not the PC one which is a totally different game and completely awful as far as I can tell).

They've gone all-out on making the web swinging into the main focus of the game, and they've done an amazing job of it. It's a bit of a one-trick pony, I guess, but it's a hell of a trick. I've spent hours just swinging around the city. It's a free-roaming GTA-style affair, where you get a reasonably large chunk of new york to play in, and you can pretty much just do what you want (though there's obviously a plot to follow as well). They've filled the city with loads of challenges and secret stuff to find, so it'd probably take a fair old while to do everything in the game.
mohammed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: it is absouloutley fantastic Reply with quote

this movie is great , i liked it so much that i went to see it twice . Although i didnt see the first sequel but anyway this movie is just great. You may have heard movie critics saying **** about it , but dont beleive them they are all just **** around with u . the grapichs and the the plot is well built and well done. Seeing this movie is worth every cent of your money ,beleive me you wont be sorry Razz Razz Razz Razz Very Happy Wink . And by the way ,did any body see blade trinity , is it that good.

[edited by Goober] - Don't try to circumvent the swear filter again. See the post "Swear Filter" for the official policy.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade trinity was at best average, but the shockingly unsubtle Mac+iPod advertising made me want to walk out. You end up paying quite a large amount of money to see a film, then you have to sit through 20mins of adverts. I don't mean the film trailers, I don't mind that, I mean generic adverts for rubbish I neither want or care about. Then the film itself finally starts and is full of people drinking coke and walking past Boiger King's, again I can live with that but I don't like it. Now they are changing the script to actually have the cast talking about and using the damn products Evil or Very Mad .

"hey, what's she doing?"

"oh, she's just using her Mac to make some playlists so she can download her mp3's onto her iPod. She sure loves listening to that iPod whilst whacking vamps!"

"sweet man! Hey, hold up, I almost forgot my Captain Morgans Anusol hemorrhoid cream. Sheesh - I never leave home without it, those vamps are scary."

(ok I exagerated the script a _tiny_ amount)
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my frend walked out of i robot beacuse of the shoes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: