FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
deformable terrain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Battlescape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: deformable terrain Reply with quote

one feature i would like to see in Battlescape is deformable terrain. That would be pretty cool.

Topple buildings, burn forests, brun grass, blast craters, and cause landslides.

This would especially be good with WMD:
glass lined craters Twisted Evil
Jake89

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha.... <Sends passcodes to lunar strike base to begin the fireworks (so to speak)>

A huge laser comes down and carves a giant canyon around the enemy base, trapping all non-air units inside. Then a giant meteor is seen falling down from the sky, heading straight for the enemy base. Need I say more? Wink
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortuntly battlescape v1 will just have tactal mode (no stretigic overworld map) so thar wont be much along the lines of wmd
Jake89

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NUUU!!! MUST HAVE WMD's!!! Oh well... there are other ways to have fun. <pulls 2 grenade launchers out and starts shooting everything in sight> Muahahahah!!! Mr. Green
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no no no

no wmd just means you dount get nukes you can still have plasma grenades, 30mm APDU* shells, HEAT** missles, pointy sticks, ECT

* Armor Percing Depleted Ureanim
** High Explosive Anti Tank (shaped charege rounds cut thro armor like a hot knofe thro butter)
Jake89

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Um, ok... I don't know much about the technical names, I just like mayhem. Mr. Green
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

read the footnotes
Jake89

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I DID read the footnotes, I just frankly dont care that much about what I can use, as long as its powerful and I can cause lots of havok within my enemy's ranks with it. Mr. Green
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't put too much faith in what Icarus says, he can get a bit carried away sometimes. Of course "mayhem" and "devastation" are top priorities and yes there will be nukes.

I'd have rather not known to be honest, but in researching the game a lot of military info surfaced. Even today small nukes are available, they are called "tactical warheads" and there are even varieties small enough that they can be fired by artillery. They are refered to as "clean" weapons as they have a very small yield that decays quickly i.e. months instead of years and vaporising an area of only around 500metres radius. The idea behind there development was to deny an enemy access to supply and command, they would be fired into the rear of the enemies lines eliminating his supply centres or removing his command and control facilities. It became clear that nukes were so deadly nobody was actually willing to use them (thank god) and so these systems were developed to give commanders a politically acceptable nuke to use. Allegedly even the actual impact crater itself would be safe for habitation within 5-10 years (joy Crying or Very sad ). At the end of the cold war there were about 6000 of them in Europe split between the US and USSR, presumably they have now been "redeployed to an army base near you".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Battlescape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: