FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Intelligent, flame-free, next-gen console topic
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  

Poll Result
  Pick one  

Nintendo Revolution
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Xbox 360
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Playstation III
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 12  

Author
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InaneAndMatu wrote:
But i personally hope the XBox360 will reign over the PS3, For i have a unexplainable grudge against sony.
But i personally hope that the PS3 will reign over the xbox360, for i have an unexplainable grudge against microsoft wanting to take over the world (or is it explainable? i certainly think so)
Galleon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like all the next-gen consoles to do well. But if I'd have to choose one then it has to be the PS3. Although the controller could do with a make-over.

This is not because I like Sony more or whatever. It's because of the backing of certain game companies and the games they say (promised?) will come out on the console.

Moreover the Retro thing has been done to death and it's really cheesing me off. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad haha j/k but not really.
MarcC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar view to Galleon,

I only buy at least 10 games for every console I buy every 5 years in the past. Most of the games Ive bought have been from the Metal Gear series and the Final Fantasy Series. Its not all about graphic power (its so easy to be tripped into buying a game from the FMV trailor)

Dear Console Game Makers,

Stop trying to make better graphics and start making better games.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty videos:
http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_luna_videos.html

http://media.xbox.gamespy.com/media/743/743608/vids_1.html

http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/748/748377/vids_1.html

http://media.pc.gamespy.com/articles/628/628007/vids_1.html

p.s. only download the low res vids or you'll be asked to sign up for a paid subscription.

The PC videos demonstrate the power of this new graphics card:
http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050622/index.html

Shame its $700

I know this thread is about consoles, but the PC videos are running on hardware very similar to the consoles in terms of performance. I think this card is close to the one going into an Xbox360. What upsets me is the console buyer is only paying something like $30-$50 for that graphics card in his console. How come more or less the same hardware is so cheap when in a console? The manufacturer forces the developer to pay a royalty on every copy of his game before he sells even one. So the console is built and sold at a huge loss and the manufacturer makes his money back from the developer. This is why console games just have to sell in huge numbers or the developer goes bust as he has already paid $10million to the manufacturer to get his discs.
Rup

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarcC wrote:
Dear Console Game Makers,

Stop trying to make better graphics and start making better games.

That's not what the peanut gallery want, though :-/ Take Cold Winter on the PS2 (made by another ex-Rage team). It got pretty mediocre reviews overall: the good ones say something like "the most enjoyable shooter on the PS2" but the rest say "nice game the graphics suck compared to Killzone".
Rup

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:
The manufacturer forces the developer to pay a royalty on every copy of his game before he sells even one. So the console is built and sold at a huge loss and the manufacturer makes his money back from the developer.

That sucks too. I guess you have to have the game made at an offical manufacturer disc plant, and I suppose they'd want some money up-front to cover the initial pressing, but they make you jump through so many quality hoops you'd think they'd split the risk with you :-/

I guess you have to sign up with a publisher with deep pockets if you want to make console games, then? But then they screw you over instead?
HunterXI

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galleon wrote:
I'd like all the next-gen consoles to do well.

Looks like Microsoft wants to agree. They're predicting a Billion Unit Sales.

Uh...

(Disclaimer: I am in fact an Xbox fan. I just love ripping up that one along with the good 'ol folks. I mean, really, how many drugs do you have to be on to say that? To even CONCIEVE that?)

*Watches Videogame Consoles sell Billions of units 10 years from now JUST to spite me*
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: