FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Help us finish our next game > Trainer bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
VashuTStampedo wrote:
You can eliminate the bottom 3 by making a option for "Unranked" game modes. Cheat codes are permissable in this mode, but score's never counted on any boards.

Isn't that what we were saying? We need the score to be invalidated once a cheat code is entered. I suppose we could eliminate the testing procedure by saying if you use cheat codes the game may crash. Although I think that might just defeat the point with Starscape, because the game WILL crash if we just put a cheat code in and don't test it.

Note, this is on the 1.6 list, but is right at the bottom of the priority queue.

I should have said "The middle two problems". What I said most definitely does not address the fourth XD. Must have slipped my mind what the fourth actually was ... Many apologies

I was talking about a matter of when to do the invalidating. Invalidate the score from the get go by entering in an unranked game, or have it invalidate on demand if you should so happen to enter a code. The former seems more appropriate and has been done in the past more so than the latter.

EDIT: This post has been gutted many times by myself.
Also, sorry for ressurecting a nearly 2 years dead thread O_o
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, I see what you mean now - entirely new game modes that don't have scoring but have cheats.

It's an idea, although it may just end up being more work than putting a global cheat system in place that would work with everything. Still, more game modes would be nice...
shadowfur

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy if I could find a working cheat for Starscape....
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowfur wrote:
I'd be happy if I could find a working cheat for Starscape....

why would that make you happy?
shadowfur

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i keep gettin killed in zone 4
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowfur wrote:
i keep gettin killed in zone 4

Would becoming invincible make it fun though?

Anything in particular causing you to get killed? Maybe we can come up with some recommendations here instead Smile

This does beg another question for all the Starscape players - how do you find the difficulty? It's not something anyone has ever mentioned like they have with Mr. Robot, so I assumed it was ok. Although I recall Icarus getitng a bit stuck on that one boss...
SethP

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the difficulty level in starscape was perfect, personally. I lost a few ships, but usually only when I was being an idiot and flying kamikaze. Occasionally the Aegis would die, but I never felt like I was stuck in a position where there was no way to save the mothership (the idea of having it sorta self-repair with the minerals it had in stock was nothing short of sheer genius).
shadowfur

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a thing that would be good is if your base had a shield system or your health got too low it would use its resources (if any) to repair its self. and ya being invincible would be fun.
Ripdog

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say, did you guys delete my post here? Heres you talking about adding cheats in starscape, then deleting my post about HOW to cheat. Either that or it never got posted somehow...
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ripdog wrote:
Say, did you guys delete my post here?

Yes, because that method of cheating always ends up with the game crashing, then people come and report bugs to us without mentioning that's what they've been doing - which was really the start of this long thread Smile

I think we just have to bite the bullet here and add 'cheats' to the list of stuff to do for Starscape. Sadly...
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
I think we just have to bite the bullet here and add 'cheats' to the list of stuff to do for Starscape. Sadly...
As long as you make it so that you have to unlock them by completing the game, or at least make progress Twisted Evil.

Last edited by Konedima on Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
SethP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh! Unlockables!

I <3 unlockable anything.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hate unlockable stuff. Wanted to play some songs on guitar hero with my brother the other day, but we'd never played through the single player so it was a nogo. Sad
SethP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, right. Let me rephrase: I <3 useless unlockables. Like in Starscape how you "unlock" medals for rescuing all 25 crew, or getting all 5 Xenarch technologies.

In things like Guitar Hero, I like the way the "career" track progresses, but it would make a lot of sense to have all of the songs open in practice mode. After all, who's gonna stop you from playing Freebird in your garage?
Loriean

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any progress on the dreaded cheat codes?
I am stuck in zone 4 (easy mode) too many baddies can take them all even with nuke bombs and 4 sets of launchers, still managed to eat me alive. and the base is just a sitting duck at this point even with 4x tur3+cannon3.

Id be happy with a level 5 and 6 in some things (like shields, or a bigger hull for more payload). That way its not cheating 'per say' just making the tech tree bigger. Anyone every suggest that as a way to get around the hardness(wanting more) feelings?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: