FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
75% of Wii owners buy Zelda:TP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  

Poll Result
  Did you get Zelda with your Wii?  

DUH... you can't have Wii without its flagship game.
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
Nah... Wii is great, but I don't need Zelda.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't know... I just don't know...
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
I'm not getting a Wii, quit bothering me!
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 12  

Author
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: 75% of Wii owners buy Zelda:TP Reply with quote

Apparently more than 75% of Wii owners have bought a copy of Zelda: Twilight Princess. There are plenty of sources for this story so just visit your favourite game news site, but here's my question: if you've bought a Wii (which many on this forum haven't had a chance to yet, since it hasn't come out in Australia or Europe yet (but it comes out in Australia a day earlier, ha ha)) have you bought Zelda Twilight Princess?

You could also answer if you're planning to buy a Wii, I guess...

Last edited by Konedima on Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zelda stands out head and shoulders above the other launch titles. Although, there are a few that I'd still want (unlike the the ps3 launch lineup) like trauma centre and that amazingly cute looking rayman maybe.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably get Zelda sometime later, maybe when it goes down to discount price, because I wasn't particularly thrilled with Wind Waker - I know it's completely different, but its the same basic idea. I never owned an N64 so I never got to play OOT or MM (not that I have an excuse, because I got the collector's edition of Wind Waker that includes OOT and OOT Master Quest). I do enjoy the top-down Zelda games though, so I might get the original from Virtual Console.

Rayman looks cool, so I'll probably get that (I like minigame-games and it seems to have the warped sense of humour I like).

Trauma Center (damn these games with improper spelling!) looks interesting but it never came out on the DS here so I don't know what to expect, but it won't be out here for launch anyway.

Excite Truck would have been nice to get but for some reason (I can't think of any good ones) it's not coming out for launch here.

I'm not a fan of realistic racing games so GT Pro Series is out of the question, however Monster 4x4 World Circuit is good from what I've heard (why haven't they announced a Mario Kart game for the Wii yet?).

Red Steel has been getting mixed reviews (I'm stereotyping console FPS's though because I hate aiming with an analog stick) - I'm waiting for Metroid Prime 3 to come out to see a Wii FPS done right.

What I'm really waiting for on the Wii is SSB:Brawl. I love Melee on the Cube (speaking of the faithful old Gamecube, what do I do with it when I get the Wii? Shove it in a closet? I love my Nintendo gear, but I don't know what my original GBA has to say about that...) so I'm hotly anticipating SSBB.

Super Mario Galaxy seems another one to watch for, but SM64(DS) makes me think about 3D Mario platformers. I never bought SMS (despite me calling myself a Nintendo fan, there are a lot of games I don't have, aren't there?) so I'll have to think about SMG.

Last edited by Konedima on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
simonb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonb wrote:
I'm assuming by putting that picture there what you're trying to say is "some people are real nerds". If that's it, I agree.
SethP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question I have about that whole getup is would it work?

It looks to me like the sword is covering the IR receptors on the front of the Wii-mote. I'm not quite sure what requires pointing in the game, but I'd imagine you'd need that functionality for inventory management, controlling the camera angles, and possibly selecting options in dialogs or in store. I do know for a fact that the bow uses the pointing tech, so with that sword it looks like you're forced to use Z-targeting for the bow; which takes all the fun out of it IMHO Smile
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much bigger lines in Japan for the wii than there were for PS3. One store claimed 2,800 people queued up to get it.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155614
01d55

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I got a Wii, we (a group of Wii seekers) had to camp out for them starting at 10PM the night before. The best buy we camped at had a note on the door which announced that they were going to have 21 consoles, and 21 people put their names on the list, taken by the first campers to arrive. We took 18, 19, and 20. Soon thereafter, there was a list of 21 campers.

In the very early morning, about 40 people arrived behind us, waiting for the BB employees to pass out official tickets and thereby ratify their futility.

I know for sure it wasn't this hard to get a Gamecube.

Speaking directly to the topic, I'm surprised as many as 25% did not get Zelda. It's Zelda!
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: