FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Konedima's Guide to Steam Bargains
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Konedima's Guide to Steam Bargains Reply with quote

No, I'm (still) not working for Valve (call me!), but Steam does have its fair share of indie games and sometimes they're cheap. If I see something particularly cheap I'll post about it here (because everybody likes supporting indie games, right?).

Right now, they have Darwinia and Multiwinia together for $9.95 US. Probably going to stay that low for only the next day or so because it's listed as the weekend deal (why something different entirely was the weekend deal yesterday I don't know).
Link: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/978/

Edit: Darwinia/Multiwinia deal not on anymore! Although I'm probably one of the few on this board who took advantage of it because I didn't have it, and yes I am ashamed Sad.

Last edited by Konedima on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One point to note - always check the authors website if you can. If the author is selling at the same price then get it direct, that way the original developers get all of the money instead of a percentage. Steam lists the authors website on the product page so it's easy to find. Same goes for any portal, go direct if you can. As well as providing maximum support to the developer you're guaranteed to get the latest version.

Steam do have great offers from time to time though.

p.s. I was a bit disappointed in Multiwinia, I mean for $5 it's an absolute steal, but from the hype I was expecting to be blown away. Single player feels like just a selection of interesting but fairly shallow rts mini-games and there doesn't seem to be a campaign or sense of progression. Odd that they won't let you play online in the demo, you could with Defcon. Maybe online is where it's at, but no way to know without making a purchase. I've never had much luck online in any rts, the lan's ok but it's hard enough to round up a group for starcraft and warcraft.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next up on the Steam bargain list - Audiosurf for $2.49 US (and I paid the full ten a few months ago, damnit!).

I've posted about this before, so look at that, but basically it's a rhythm/puzzle game where you import your music files to make tracks, and then you go along those tracks picking up coloured blocks in time with the beats to make groups.

It's listed as "this week only" on the front page.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/12900/

Edit: Going, going, gone!

Last edited by Konedima on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend's deal (which for some reason was only put up this morning) is Eets: Hunger. It's emotional. (link is to the Game Tunnel page because I can't find a page relating specifically to it on the official site).

It's $2.49 US, but I wouldn't count on it being this cheap for so long. Game Tunnel has an overwhelmingly positive review of it, and it's cheap, so why not?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/6100/

Edit: Deal's over!
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case any of you are like me and haven't played Half-Life 1, it's $0.98 US until Friday to celebrate it's 10th birthday. Happy birthday Half-Life!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/70/

They said it would be $0.98 until Friday, but I saw it at that price up to Monday... whatever, it's over now.

Last edited by Konedima on Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
SethP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's a pretty sweet deal. Go go gadget Half-Life!
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend's deal: Sam & Max Season 1 for $14.99 (AKA half price).
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/539/

Wouldn't you know it, the deal's over. If you haven't got it you should still get Sam & Max though, the games are among the funniest you can get today.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend's deal is a game I can wholeheartedly recommend... Team Fortress 2. I don't think anything more needs to be said about it (other than PLAY IT ALREADY).

It's only $9.99 USD this weekend, so your only excuse for not playing it is if you don't have an internet connection. And if you don't, how are you reading this post?

Deal's over! I hope nobody had to buy it while it was cheap, because it's one of those games you should already have (along with pretty much every other game made by Valve).

Last edited by Konedima on Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mystryon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do they post the weekend deal, I remember seeing it a few times in the upper right hand corner of the screen, but I haven't seen this weekends yet.

Ugh ignore this post, I kept fudging with it, and it showed up after awhile, dunno why I'm torturing myself by looking, don't have any money to buy anything... Crying or Very sad
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been mentioed a bit on the forums lately, and this weekend's deal is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, for $3.74 (75% off).
http://store.steampowered.com/app/4500/

Deal's over!

Last edited by Konedima on Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slyh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konedima wrote:
It's been mentioed a bit on the forums lately, and this weekend's deal is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, for $3.74 (75% off).

"This item is currently unavailable in your region"

That sucks!

(Wow, perfect. Beside the usual censorship problem, Steam now has prices in euros instead of dollars for European citizens. Of course they don't adjust the price according to current exchange rate, but just use the dollar price as the euro price instead. Who cares that currently 1 euro is 1.40 US dollars, anyway? At least VAT already is included. So we only have to pay 17% more now instead of 40%... Doesn't that sound good?)

Last edited by Slyh on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:37 am; edited 2 times in total
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konedima wrote:

Oh, and it might just be me, but the store page (especially in Steam) seems to be loading really slowly.

However if you download S.T.A.L.K.E.R the joke is on you because you can't mod it unless you instaled from a CD.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icarus wrote:
However if you download S.T.A.L.K.E.R the joke is on you because you can't mod it unless you instaled from a CD.
Considering the price (a little over $5 Australian), I'm not complaining too much.

Besides, I'm probably the only one who does this, but I rarely mod games. The exception to that rule is World of Warcraft, which I actually make mods for.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konedima wrote:
icarus wrote:
Considering the price (a little over $5 Australian), I'm not complaining too much.

Besides, I'm probably the only one who does this, but I rarely mod games. The exception to that rule is World of Warcraft, which I actually make mods for.

There are mods for WOW?
Mystryon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icarus wrote:
Konedima wrote:
icarus wrote:

There are mods for WOW?

there are all kinds, mostly have to do with the user interface.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: