FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
wirghter
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: wirghter Reply with quote

can i be a wrighter for moonpod productions? ask me anything and ille respond with an awnser.
Goober
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently we're not outsourcing any writing tasks, or any other tasks for that matter. We're not overly qualified for the job ourselves but, since the "Great Grammar Cleanup", Fost has become something of an English yellow belt.

Sadly, Poo Bear and I are still only white belts. Sad

Also, and I mean this in a constructive sense, you would do well to check your posts before offering your services as a writer. You managed to notch up 4 spelling errors and 5 capitalisation errors. Just FYI. Wink

The question now, of course, is, how many language errors did I manage to make while correcting you? Wink
callmeminyme

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MABEY I SHOULD BE WRITER

i make good eng, li, ish ? smha?
GHOST_STALKER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah, you lack inspirative wrighting creative'ness.
spiceant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the good vs evil story isn't that originel...
Gravitron

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grammar is for llamahs.
'nuff said.
spiceant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not so long ago, there was a very goodlooking dutch princess.
she got pinched by a witch and locked up in a tower 200 meter's high.
then a mighty and beautiful prince came and slashed his way through the witche's evil quardian's, in order to kill the witch and release the very goodlooking dutch princess.

now without grammar:
nowt sow lown go, ther wass an vey goodlook hollandish prinches.
she got mobbed by a wiatsj and loxd uwp on a tower 200 feet hi.
thwen a mijty and bejutiful prins ceem n slasjd hisj wej thru the wiche's evil kwardians, in orfer to kjill the wiatch and releasje the vey gawdlookking dutsj prinches.

grammar matter's
btw can i be a wrighter?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiceant wrote:
nowt sow lown go

Now if that was quoted dialogue, it would be spot on for a Yorkshire accent...
Gravitron

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shakespear...zing. Cool

Writer's job is overrated on this thread.
It is, however, not to be underestimated of.

Eitherway, a good designer can master it under their current list of duties.
So, most of the job will be done by them.

Naturally, in really large projects, there are proffesional writers hired to provide all the nessecary extra textual content for the game.
spiceant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
fost wrote:
now if that was quoted dialogue, it would be spot on for a Yorkshire accent...

i'm from holland, if that piece of text was quoted i'd spot a so called 'drents'accent.
Lothar
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: wrighter??!?!?!! Reply with quote

kan i proffreed for yuo/??/? im' good at profreadign. yOU don"t want you're game too be ful off misteaks yo shuld higher me,
callmeminyme

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ghost stalker, u dont know if im creative or not Smile

here let me dig through my files and see if i can find project nova (this is not begging to be a writer just to show my point)

darn cant find it. musta put it on paper, oh well i guess ill type here out manuly
here!

The year is 2257, humanity has evolved, not naturly but by there own genetic alterations to themselves. They have become immune to viruses, and to allow space transport have become immune to radiation. Using darkmatter drive technology humanity has rocketed itself into a new era of space exploration. On year 2259 a terrorist organization called Black Children created a darkmatter pressure bomb and fired it at the sun. the bomb detonated destabilizing the Sol’s core and causing the sun to speed up its life cycle exponentioaly. Scientists calculated the sun had 3 years left of life befor it went giant, and even worse then that the sun would also go nova in another 1.

With humanity in a desprit panic 50 of the smartest scientists began creating designs for a colonization ship. They had to make it self sufficient, and adaptable.
They struggled for 1 year until they finaly reached an agreement. If you cant design a ship that can adapt to any situation, let the crew create the ship. The scientists developed what they called “pods”, pices of ships that could be interchangeable and capable of storing equipment.

The scientists also had to figer out a way to get humanity to the new location, eventulely they dug into records about an experimental jump gate known as Nova. They adapted the gate into 8 pices, that could be stored on the colonists ship.

The story begins as the players enter the building screan of Project: Nova here they design the conoization ship out of the components that they started with, consisting of: cubes, turrets, armor plating, triangles, engines, and repair and storage bays.

Of course this is a draft… Wink

I wanted to stress this, this is not an attempt to become a writer, just to 1 show off my scrypt cause I like it, and 2 prove that im creative Very Happy

i also see the gramer mistakes, but thats what you get when i do it in 1 minute
HunterXI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goober wrote:
Currently we're not outsourcing any writing tasks, or any other tasks for that matter. We're not overly qualified for the job ourselves but, since the "Great Grammar Cleanup", Fost has become something of an English yellow belt.

Sadly, Poo Bear and I are still only white belts. Sad

Also, and I mean this in a constructive sense, you would do well to check your posts before offering your services as a writer. You managed to notch up 4 spelling errors and 5 capitalisation errors. Just FYI. Wink

The question now, of course, is, how many language errors did I manage to make while correcting you? Wink

Let's check those statistics... bold stuff is capital errors and italic stuff is spelling, underlining is stuff that should be there but isn't...

GHOST_STALKER wrote:
can i be a wrighter (that could just be country-language discrepancies...) for moonpod productions? ask me anything, and i'lle respond with an awnser.

so... that makes:

6 capitalization errors,
3 spelling errors (where's the 4th?),
and 2 grammatical errors...

so a more accurate question is how many corrections did I make of your corrections? Very Happy

one more thing: if you dont agree about the capital-ed 'productions' part, there still should have been a " 's " after Moonpod, which would be another thing you didn't (or did?) catch, Goober Very Happy
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our jobs applications page.
callmeminyme

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would of been more effective if you insted just wrote the words

NO,

BUT STILL

Laughing

oh btw
GalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGalleryGallery
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: