FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
How do I get new weapon tech <SPOILER>
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: How do I get new weapon tech <SPOILER> Reply with quote

BuRz wrote:
with those friendlies.....if i wanna get the technology what do i have to do ? i found multiple ships of them, all destroyed but when i get there nothing happens...i tried grav beam, shooting....nothing happens....HELP!!

The Xenarch are potential allies, they have an outpost in each zone that is initialially hidden, killing larger enemies causes them to drop info pods. Once you pick these up you can locate the friendly node.

In the first zone you need to jump into their node and launch, at that point they will talk to you and ask you to help their stranded comrades. If you go near to their station you can get a free heal for you and the Aegis.

If you jump out into the grid you should now see another new friendly node, go there and you will find a battered Xenarch station. Kill all the nearby enemies and then approach the battered station, the stranded drones will then evacuate and you can suck them up.

Now just return to the original Xenarch station and they will automatically take their people off and reward you with some new technology. In later zones you have to different things, just listen to the Xenarch and they will tell you what to do.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vejita wrote:
I talked to the Xenarch (sp?) in Zone 2, but I think I'm missing something, as I haven't been able to procure the Ion weaponry. I've just killed the boss and received the Drive component -- what do I need to do now?

Have a chat with the Xenarch in zone2, they will want to trade a new piece of weapon technology for resources (all the Xenarch are in decline after a protracted war with the Archnid and need resources). Jump out of the node and go and mine, you need a half-full hold in all three types of resources. Once you have enough then go back to the Xenarch node and talk to them again. They will now take the resources and give you a new piece of weapons technology.
The Warlock

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to the Xenarch in Zone 3 and for some reason a lot of the conversation was cut out. What am I supposed to for them?
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bring them 50% of each element, this bug is fixed in patch 1.2b
debug

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Poo Bear, I had the same thing happen to me. When I talked to the Xenarch in zone 3 the dialog was cut off before they told me what they wanted. When I read your reply I thought you were talking about the Xenarch in zone 2 since that's what they want also, but I went back the the ones in Z3 with 100 of each mineral and when I jumped in 50 of each was taken but I didn't get any dialog or anything to let me know what was going on. So I am guessing that maybe I don't have the patched version? I downloaded the demo and bought the game yesterday but didn't patch it since I figured the demo was probably already the latest version and I didn't see any way to find out which version I was running. Maybe a version number should be added to the title screen? Wink
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

debug wrote:
I downloaded the demo and bought the game yesterday but didn't patch it since I figured the demo was probably already the latest version...

Depending on where you got the game from, it might not be the latest version. Some of the download sites take a while to update after we submit the latest release to them.

debug wrote:
...and I didn't see any way to find out which version I was running.

The version number can only be found in the file 'readme.txt' in the starscape install folder. If you have version 1.2c and are still having a problem could you let us know and we'll retest that area. -thanks..
debug

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....
actually I downloaded it 2 days ago from the moonpod website Razz forgot to put that in my last post Embarassed
And my text file said 1.2a so I guess I do need to download the patch Smile

-edit-

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed oops...
I just realized that I clicked the link to download if from Fileplanet on your website Razz
Says v1.2a right there when you go to download it Embarassed hehe ^_^;
nevermind... Smile
TheShrike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my second time through the game (first time I had no problems) and I can't seem to get the ion weapons tech. I talked to the xenarch as soon as I got there. Then I proceeded to wipe out all Archnid presence in the zone. Then I mined a bit, and returned to the xenarch base, and they wont talk to me. Is there some sort of time limit on getting the tech? Do I have to do it before finishing off the Archnid?
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no time limit, are you sure you are returning with enough resources for them?

(half full on all three)
TheShrike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was indeed. But after cecking again, I realized they do take my resources and give me my technology. They just dont say anything, no text at all. Similar to the problems stated before, but I am using 1.2d (checked the text file). I didn't meet this problem my first time through the game, so I dont know whats up.
Xan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the same prob and its too late to fix it with the update. what do i need to do in zone 3 for them??
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they just need half a hold full of all three resources to make the trade.
Drazek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShrike wrote:
I was indeed. But after checking again, I realized they do take my resources and give me my technology. They just dont say anything, no text at all. Similar to the problems stated before, but I am using 1.2d (checked the text file). I didn't meet this problem my first time through the game, so I dont know whats up.

that happened to me in 1.4e
mohammed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: NEED HELP! Reply with quote

I was to playing the demo of starscape the last day and i couldnt figure out what to put in the main canon . DOEs anybody knows what to put in the main canon Mad
Doom III

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: NEED HELP! Reply with quote

mohammed wrote:
DOEs anybody knows what to put in the main canon Mad

small turrets you make first do not go there you need to make the big cannons:

turret1 turret2 turret3 turret4 :: fit on the corners
cannon1 cannon2 cannon3 :: fit in the center

i don remember if the cannons are possible with the demo. maybe not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: