FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Unreal Movement in space & ect.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Unreal Movement in space & ect. Reply with quote

Emm iv noticed that the ship is turning with no light torpedos on the sides and it is stopping after a flight, in space where there is a NOTHING al the time( vacum) you cant move your ship like in the game(its obvios), but stoping in space without braking or hitting something is imposoble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why do cars, footballs, and everything that you can just rool is stoping on the groung? Gravity, air(gas, air, w.e). The ship CANT just decrease speed if its not braking! but that liitle spacecraft is just flying and than stoping! THATS NOT RIGHT! and dont tell me that this is just a game! Games must take you inside, you must feel like the pilot, and imagine, HUH *** how does it turn?(sory for the words) its just freaking out and a little stupid. And about that pirating thing! Why you gues are soooooo woried about that? I mean, you just need to have the game conect to the internet for a check, and make a cheking type like the IP adress, or something alse! And do you make games just to make money? If i would have a game hacked lets say, i would realy kare if ppl like it! And by the posts i see, people realy do like it! i never played the full version but i would be happy to! but i got no money! thats the problem of pirates(hackers) they dont have anything to do at home like me, and the one who can hack it, tries it! when he sucseeds, someone may steel it( kazza, emule etc.), he might give it to a friend and that one will give to 2 and those will post on websites. Well WOW, what a post! OMG! SORRY! but thats what a i got to say about that and the NO STOPING IN SPACE!!! Thnx bbye Laughing
Hamish
Pod Developer
Pod Developer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your ship is equipped with invisible jets that turn and brake for you. They also have the side effect of make the game more fun to play Wink
Akim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad GRRR! i hate answers like that! if the ship has invisible jets that turn the spaceship, why is the spaceship invisible? Stop answering like kids!
Akim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start answering like a grownup! (The willpower of the player in the oposite side of the game screen is making the spaceship t turn as it was planed by the creator of the game, << WOAH????) Not like that but normaly! Why did you put it this way?!?!?!?!?!?!!!! Exclamation Question
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Unreal Movement in space & ect. Reply with quote

Note - I deleted your middle post because there are too many people who might take advantage of that on the internet - you really shouldn't post your phone number on a web board Very Happy
Akim wrote:
stoping in space without braking or hitting something is imposoble

Well, the reasoning behind that is you aren't in space, you are in the warp and so the rules of physics don't apply. There is also a lot of gas in the warp that slows you down. I could go into the story based explanations but at the end of the day - we don't make simulations, we make what is fun - if that breaks realism then so be it. A good example of this is the combat in Frontier (the sequel to elite) - we are firmly in the camp that believes Frontier's combat system, whilst technically more realistic, ended up being far less fun.
Akim wrote:
And about that pirating thing! Why you gues are soooooo woried about that?

We certainly don't lose any sleep over it - but there's a big problem that many people don't realise - currently support email from pirates outnumber those from legitimate customers 5:1. We are frankly sick of this - we just won't accept anything that interferes with the time we have to support legitimate customers. If you are a pirate, we don't come round to your house and hassle you, so we expect at least that they should stay away from our board. Normally we just delete any message about piracy, but I've made an exception and replied about it this once.

Akim wrote:
And do you make games just to make money?

Hahaha! Nobody makes games just to make money - pretty much any other profession can earn you more money. We only make games because that's what we love doing. Ideally, in the future, we will all live in Some Star-Trek like Utopia where food clothing and housing are free and we can just make games to entertain each other for free. Right now, I hope you understand the financial pressures of modern day living make this impossible. Very Happy
Hamish
Pod Developer
Pod Developer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a joke really; realism often has to be sacrificed to make a game more fun. For example, in my game the same weapons you have do less damage and have half the range in the hands of the enemy. If they had the same effectiveness then the enemies would kill you really easily, and it wouldn't be fun.
Kythorak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, they quite specifically say at the start;

"The laws of physics are different in the warp than in our own dimension..."

Wink
Akim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Unreal Movement in space & ect. Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
Note - Ideally, in the future, we will all live in Some Star-Trek like Utopia where food clothing and housing are free and we can just make games to entertain each other for free
When did you cameup with that? People will allways ask for money and nothing will ever be free, cose of people like the Presidents and all that other ****. There is never a free thing that would make you happy, unless you like living on the street! Laughing And i didnt watch the starting movie, and i dont get **** in hacks and craks.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Unreal Movement in space & ect. Reply with quote

Akim wrote:
When did you cameup with that?

I didn't have to come up with it, there's a whole movement of people who think all software should be free. I don't actually have a problem with that idea except for the fact that there is no free equivalent of food, clothing and housing so we have to sell what we make. You are right of course - this is unlikely to happen and certainly not in our lifetime. There is potential that the world may be rectified one day (we can't give up hope!), at which point, why would you need money? Yes, it's just a utopian dream... Sad

btw - don't circumvent the swear filter on this board, it's there for a good reason.
In any case - registered users can turn it off if they feel unable to formulate an opinion without its use.
Akim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, didnt understand what you seid, but i think you mean that i dont have to say bad words, is that right? Laughing
Akim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: I found more! Reply with quote

If you say that those nods are filled with some kind of a gas, tanh why when you die , its writen that you were lost in the VACUM of space? And another question, is there oxigeb in those nods? cose if not, there cant be fire you know.
siirenias

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A vacuum is emptiness. In this case, that is a vacuum of life?
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lothar
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: I found more! Reply with quote

Akim wrote:
If you say that those nods are filled with some kind of a gas, tanh why when you die , its writen that you were lost in the VACUM of space? And another question, is there oxigeb in those nods? cose if not, there cant be fire you know.

Vacuum can be a relative term. If there's some, but not much, gas then you can be lost in the low-pressure near-void which we will call "vacuum" so as to save ourselves some typing.

I've never seen fire in Starscape, except when things are exploding. In that case, it's the oxygen that used to be inside those things that's burning up.
Akim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think, if the ship blows up, the oxigen flies out with an icredible speed, there cant posobly be fire with wind!
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akim wrote:
think, if the ship blows up, the oxigen flies out with an icredible speed, there cant posobly be fire with wind!

You are of course correct, we'll change this with Starscape 1.6 - we are going to remove all the effects, and also take all the sounds out,

because in space, noone can hear you scream
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: