FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Available updates (v1.01)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr.Robot View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Available updates (v1.01) Reply with quote

v1.01 - hit your ingame upate button to get it

What was fixed:

1. hit an enemy with a weapon using a "steal power" upgrade, but the enemy has no power, the phase never ends and the game locks up.

2. swap one of the first 4 ghosts with another outside the main team, the items carried by the original ghost disappear with him.

3. if upgrades are removed from a ghost swapped out of the first 4 then they become unstable and the "choose upgrade" popup menu can end up with nothing on it and hitting equip causes an assert.

4. on the profiles menu, select something other than the first item in the info list and then click the "more info" button causes a crash.

5. go to a new ghost on the info screen, make sure you have lots of ability upgrades ready, click to add them quickly and you can apply more than five.

6. install to a deep folder structure that repeats "data" and the game won't launch.

7. the "buy now" and other web link buttons don't work if the game is running full screen.

8. after completing the game it doesn't display the "first completed" time.

9. In the main hub (hub1) the doors became jammed shut after going through that area and then backtracking to take the normal game progression out of sequence.

10. start the game and go straight to the leaderboard and scroll to the end and the game crashes.

11. if you use the waypoint after opening the door in z1c6 but then do not step through it and then you exit the game, when you restart the door is jammed shut.

12. if your ghosts get killed in z1r40 you cannot complete the room and therefore the doors do not open and therefore if you aren't carrying enough supplies you will be stuck with two dead ghosts.

13. if you go to the profile screen, select an existing adventure on hard more, then click "more info", it doesn't show it as "hard mode".

14. cd installer should recognise an existing downloaded game and offer to install over it.

15. start a ghost hack, but before moving off press fire 1 to exit while also moving the mouse to a neighbouring location and pressing button1 causes an assert.

16. if a child particle effect cannot launch then the game asserts.

17. if (like the geforce4mx) you video card lies about its ability to support vertex shaders then the game won't start up

Last edited by Poo Bear on Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sergenth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This update has given me a serious performance boost for 1280x1024 resolution! It's super smooth and fast. Great optimizing! Very Happy
Crussh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEXT UPDATE PLS!!!
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crussh,
Pick one:
  • Fast, introduce more bugs than where fixed.
  • Slow, a net degrease in bugs.

These are facts about programming that cannot be changed.

Patience. The update will be available in good time.

*waits impatiently*
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got about another 13 easyish bugs to go then I'll do an update to go to v1.02. The problem actually releasing an update is it takes about 2-3 days due to all the testing of the different versions (download, CD, download patch, CD patch).

Ideally I'd just work on v1.1 and not release anything until it's all done, but that just isn't practical. So we'll do v1.02 soon, towards the end of next week I'd guess. Then after that hopefully there won't be any more serious bugs and I can just work on v1.1 which will take a lot longer as it's more about improving things rather than just fixing bugs. Plus, we'll need to get started on a new game and we have to start trying to chase some publishers down to get this thing in the shops and ....

Eek! Shocked
Inane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eek indeed.
Ideally you would do everything while Fost would work on editor documentation Razz.
Crussh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEXT UPDATE PLS!!!
im just inpatient to be able to make my own adventures
but ok,
NO NEW UPDATES PLS!!! better?
da chicken

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:
I've got about another 13 easyish bugs to go then I'll do an update to go to v1.02. The problem actually releasing an update is it takes about 2-3 days due to all the testing of the different versions (download, CD, download patch, CD patch).

Ideally I'd just work on v1.1 and not release anything until it's all done, but that just isn't practical. So we'll do v1.02 soon, towards the end of next week I'd guess. Then after that hopefully there won't be any more serious bugs and I can just work on v1.1 which will take a lot longer as it's more about improving things rather than just fixing bugs. Plus, we'll need to get started on a new game and we have to start trying to chase some publishers down to get this thing in the shops and ....

Eek! Shocked

Have you guys looked at Steam at all?
Inane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God. Please no Steam. I hate Steam.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

da chicken wrote:
Have you guys looked at Steam at all?

As far as I know, steam only deals with exclusives, although I could be wrong...
da chicken

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darwinia and Shadowgrounds started out fully independent. They've got Civ III and IV, now, too, which are retail packages. Dreamfall, too, which was GotY in 2006 for adventure. There's also Popcap games, and i think those are still retail elsewhere.

I think people don't like to do both because invariably people buy a retail copy and find they can't put it in a Steam account.

Actually, it might make a lot more sense to put Starscape on Steam first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Mr.Robot All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: