FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Starscape Tshirts and Mousepads
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 8:59 am    Post subject: Starscape Tshirts and Mousepads Reply with quote

For the people who mailed us: You can get tshirts and mouse pads featuring the Starscape art your requested from our Cafepress shop here:

http://www.cafeshops.com/moonpod

I think the mousepads turned out really well, we've ordered a stack ourselves!

I'll leave the shop running for a few months in case anyone else wants the same designs as those requested

To everyone who mailed in, if the design you asked for isn't there yet, don't worry, I haven't forgotten. I'll put the designs you asked for on there within the next two weeks. If anyone can think of anything else they would like, or would like a design on any of the other Cafepress mechandise, post here and I'll add it to the list.

Oh and thanks everyone for the suggestions!
Japlish

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow they are great, I want mousepad. Can you make same design on girl tshirt pleasse?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more shirt types now including ladies and kids tshirts. Will add some of the other design requests when I get a sec.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New designs people asked for will be on within a few days Very Happy

Readjusted some of the prices, thanks for pointing out I'd set some wrong Embarassed , basically all the prices are set at 95c higher than the cafe press shop so if anyone sees any discrepancies let me know. Any profits made pay to keep the cafe press shop open. We don't make any money on it, it's basically just so people can have the tshirts they want.

Also, if anyone knows somewhere better or cheaper than cafe press, feel free to mail me or post here. I don't mind putting in some time getting the designs set up if we can get prices down.
CyberGeist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there. A friend of mine tells me that she used to use cafe press but switched over to

http://store.99dogs.com/

she says she likes it a lot better. Not sure how much cheaper it is, but apparently it works better for her, so it may be worth your time to check it out.

later
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll check them out. We don't really make anything out of the tshirts (it just about pays to keep the cp shop open currently), we just do it because lot's of people asked for them. So anything we can do to reduce the price means everyone else benefits. So far we've been happy with cafepress except for two things: postage outside the US is pretty slow and expensive, and they don't do black tshirts. Other than that the quality has been good.
callmeminyme

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey fost how many devestator thongs have you sold so far? Very Happy
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

callmeminyme wrote:
how many devestator thongs have you sold so far? Very Happy

only a handful - I only put these on as a request though. Sadly, no one has mailed us a picture of themselves wearing them (ladies that is Shocked )...
X-Fighter
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think fun.
Yes, the images are cool, but you need some fun concept art too(although, I'd make certain you're getting some profit off these before going there).

Examples:
A thong with JJ on it, full-body, with the caption "Welcome to the Docking Bay".

A thong with the Aegis on it, with the caption "scans indicate the same invulnerable armour plating. You're going to have to work hard to take this one down."

Cooks apron with Devestator pointing at a 45 degree angle across the chest, firing 6 particle beams at some Archnid ship, with the caption "Relax Doc, the cook knows what he's doing."

T-shirt with a Xenarch, caption "We are the Xenarch! We control this node! Your weapons will not help you here."

---
There's obviously much more you could do along those lines, but I'm pretty sure they'd sell better.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! They're pretty good! We don't really make any money of tshirts/mechandise though. The markup is only $1 on each item, and that just about pays to keep the shop open. We basically only opened it because a few people wanted stuff and mailed in (the thongs were a request Shocked as were some of the tshirt design variations). At some point I keep meaning to put on a load more stuff, some of the wireframes of the enemy ships look really cool, so I wanted a tshirt with them on myself Very Happy

At one point I was investigating the cost of having figurines made of all the characters - this was only because I'd really like some!!

As I said though, we only really do this as a service for customers, there's no money in it, and I doubt there ever will be, but if anyone wants anything in particular, I'm happy to put it on there if you let me know.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like X fighters ideas make "the cook noes what heas doing" aprons and xenarch t shirts
BluePhoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo. The stuff looks cool. (That Devastator thong looks cool <i>and</i> sexy!). Although I like the idea of some stuff with quotes from the game on it as well as an image. (Some of X-fighters ideas are very amusing, but...not something I would share with my parents...) I like the idea of a shirt saying "We are the Xenarch. We control this node. You're weapons are useless here."
Maybe a shirt that has the Aegeis crew and the text: "So were expendable again?" "Sadly, yes" on the front and o the back it says "great" or something like that. *shrugs* just thowing out ideas.
If you haven't gotten pictures of <i>girls</i> wearing the thong, I shudder to think what you have gotten...
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of some stickers? I'd quite like an Aegis or Mr Robot sticker for my laptop.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weeble wrote:
Any chance of some stickers? I'd quite like an Aegis or Mr Robot sticker for my laptop.

Yes - there's a lot of things I'd like to add to the cafepress store (mainly for myself Very Happy ). Posters are another thing I'd like for myself.

I'll put stickers at the top of the list though since someone wants them!

It's a shame we can't do all this ourselves - cafepress does a good job, but their postage outside the US is pretty steep! +no black tshirts is a real pity.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a look at this place: http://www.printmojo.com/

Looks like a halfway house between doing it yourself and cafepress - They only do apparel, but they can do screenprinting (i.e - white on black). We would have to order several of each tshirt in advance - so there's a far greater cost involved - though not as abd as getting all the tshirts amde yourself.

Here's some other places I need to research:
http://www.99dogs.com/
http://www.spreadshirt.com/
http://www.customink.com/
http://zazzle.com/

No one seems to offer mousemats and apparel like cafepress does though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: