FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Let the right one in vs Let me in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Let the right one in vs Let me in Reply with quote

Remakes, are they ever any good? I found the trailer for 'Let me in' to be intriguing, but then I discovered it's a remake of a Swedish film 'Let the right one in'. Both got great reviews, which seemed unusual, with the remake being described as 'reworking the original for a wider audience'. That sounded a bit suspicious to me, the original is in Swedish so did they mean just avoiding a badly dubbed or subtitled version, but the same film or did they mean a complete dumbing down?

So I figured I'd watch them both, original first obviously, it'd make an interesting evening.

Original - let the right one in

Remake - let me in

I think if I'd just seen the remake, as planned, I'd have enjoyed it and thought it was fairly good. However, the original is really good, very odd and unsettling, cold feel to it. Watching the remake I can't help but feel every single scene just isn't as good. It's dumbed down, less edgy, even the snow is fake!

Now I hear they are planning to remake 'Logans Run', oh dear.

Which remakes are actually better than the original? Is the remake better even if you saw the original first? That's the real test Wink
zwzsg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True Lies is a better remake than the original.

But almost every other time, remakes are dull soulless dumbed down ersatz that reach a greater audience only because Hollywood has more money for advertising, and that makes me really sad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Film Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: