FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Recettear: An item shop's tale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Recettear: An item shop's tale Reply with quote

I LOVE this game, it's such a cute idea I can't believe nobody thought of it before! Why do we all go dungeoneering (apart from saving the world) - to get all that sweet loot of course. Then we trundle back into town and sell it to the shop.

Well, what if it was YOUR shop and you were the one selling it?

To be honest I like the idea more than the game. Selling items to people always seems to follow the same formula - set the price too high, customer complains, knock it down a bit, sale, repeat. I think that bit relies too much on my susceptibility to clicky collecting grinding gaming. There's a real possibility I might end up losing sleep to this one. Ah, save me! You can redecorate your shop...nooooo. Woo, I've got a virtual mortgage to match my real life one - now THIS is gaming Wink

http://store.steampowered.com/app/70400
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol!

I found Recettear last week from a Steam advertisement... I really like it as well.

Try selling items at a price range where they will accept on your first offer. You get better bonuses, which levels up your customers so they will bring in more money to buy high priced items.

It is hilarious to see house wives looking for treasure and you put out 12 golden scales and sell them all in one time slice...

Level up the little girl and you can sell her books and accessories for 50k+..

I still laugh when the hoards of one type of character come by... and make lots of money Very Happy
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was slightly miffed that you cannot get out of a dungeon until 5 levels in, I've made about 5 attempts now and never made it out alive - doh!

I think Holly might be addicted to this one Smile
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made my final payment. The last 3 weeks I rarely went dungeon diving and spend all my time buying low from the market and guild and then selling high...

The first time I played I think I had about the same trouble. Five tries at the dungeon and never made it through. I found that at first I had a lot of trouble judging distance, I would get to close. You can stand quiet far away and still hit with Louie. I found that some medicines you can get at higher merchant levels make adventurers able to take more damage and easier to play and there effects are permanent....
Holly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poo Bear wrote:

I think Holly might be addicted to this one Smile

Addicted!? Me!? Ha! I could gice up any time I want! Addicted hahaha! (Hang on a minute the price of armor's just gone up... I need to stock my shelves!) CAPITALISM HO!
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to point out for anyone that doesn't have this but want it that its on special on Steam today only in a bundle with And Yet It Moves, Gish, Jolly Rover and Puzzle Agent for $5. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6790/
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Holly must have put ~100 hours into Recettear, so that is a bargain indeed!
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the bundle mostly for Puzzle Agent, but I'll also have to try this sometime.

P.S. At time of posting, five hours left.
Rup

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed it to start with, although I gave up after about 15 hours - I'd lost enthusiasm for the dungeons and I really couldn't see how I was going to make the next repayment of 200,000 when no-one can afford to buy expensive items. All my customers were happy I thought. I must have done something wrong :-/
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first time through I made a new save every day and if I got stuck I'd just start going back in time until I could fix it... Very Happy I seem to actually enjoy doing that kind of thing...
Chrisj

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rup: I think your problem may be too much time spent dungeoneering, and not enough selling - selling gets your merchant level up, which allows you to do things like put in fancy carpets and change the counters, which increases the amount of money people will bring to the shop. Remember, Recettear is really a game about the shop, not the adventurers!

I was having problems in the third week (80kpix) until I realised that, and suddenly found the going much easier (although the final week was still a bit of a push). After the first couple of weeks, I think you need to leave off adventuring, ingredients for fusing, and the like until after you've got your money for the week and bumped your merchant level a bit.
Rup

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, OK - thanks. Yes, I have probably wasted a lot of time adventuring and heading into town to find cut-scenes to advance the plot. I did get that under control but then I unlocked fusing and started going back into the dungeons to get fuse ingredients, etc. (the items you get from fusing slime livers always sell well).

I hadn't noticed that upgrading the shop gets customers to spend more, but then I never managed to figure out any of those mechanics. I only noticed that it changed Tear's light / dark, gaudy / plain gauge, but so do the items you put in the window, and I never figured out how much difference that made. I'm also probably not milking as much money out of my customers as I could be.

I do have plenty of saves to wind-back to but it looks like I might be in a better position if I just fail a payment: you get thrown back to day one but with your merchant level and stock intact, but with money cut back to 1000 pix (so spend it all first!).
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just hit 100,000 sales - woo!

Although, interestingly, the majority came from the Steam sale where they were one of 5 games in a pack for $5 i.e. they made less than $1 a sale. They seem fairly convinced that was a mistake, that they should have either waited and collected some minority of those players at full price over the next year OR allowed Steam to run a sale of just their game on its own, again collecting some minority of those players but at a much higher return. Might sound greedy of them, but its all about securing the companies future so they have enough time to get new titles out. As an example, they were hoping to add a quality English voice over option and release on PSP2/3DS, but the money isn't there to say for definite.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get around to playing it until a couple of days ago (bought during the 5 for $5 sale). Me playing it though, did have the side effect of making one of my nosy friends who always wants to know about the games I'm playing download the demo, and after about fifteen minutes of that they bought it (on sale for $10 during this sale). So not all bad.
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: