FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Dawn of War 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Dawn of War 2 Reply with quote

Wasn't really convinced by the last game (or any Warhammer video game), but they do make nice videos. I wish someone would make an entire series, but then it have to 18+ to do it justice and I don't anyone would fund that.

I absolutely love the rich universe gamesworkshop created, the novels are pulpy and trashy but so good Smile

I'm not sure where you'd start if you weren't familiar with the universe. All their table top game rules carry lots of brilliant artwork and little insights into the history which I picked up over the years. Anything by Dan Abnett is good.

The horus heresy chronicles the fall of the empire into chaos, wonderfully nasty and definitely without a happy ending Smile
http://www.amazon.com/Horus-Rising-Heresy-Dan-Abnett/dp/184416294X

Gaunts Ghosts tells the tale from the other side, the lowly imperial army grunt watching the vaunted space marines from the side lines and getting to do all the dirty work.
http://www.amazon.com/Gaunts-Ghosts-Founding-Ghost/dp/1844163695/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219179033&sr=1-2

Gotrek and Felix - this alternate history medieval warhammer, it echoes warhammer40k though. Strange portals have opened in the north pole and chaos is leaking in and corrupting everything as it spreads. Mankind is doomed, but just won't stay down. It's interesting to see the same chaos gods up to the some tricks, but redressed for this knights in armour setting.
http://www.amazon.com/Gotrek-Felix-First-Omnibus-Warhammer/dp/1844163741/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219179119&sr=1-2
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First one wasn't bad, but I'm not really a good judge of RTS games since all I generally do is build the biggest weapons possible (usually as slowly as possible) then complain when I get zerged. Oh well.

I'd play the tabletop version if I had both:
a) Friends
b) Enough money
That title can be changed to "Why I don't play the WoW TCG" too.
SethP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konedima wrote:
a) Friends
b) Enough money
That title can be changed to "Why I don't play the WoW TCG" too.

Aye, that's the rub. I spent a few (too many) dollars a couple years back to get a starter army. I spent hours assembling and painting my brand new units, and when they were done I had a relatively sweet looking army (my artistic skills notwithstanding). And I continued to have a sweet looking army up until I gave it away because it started collecting dust.

I hear the secret is to find a good comic book store or similar venue where people who enjoy these kind of things go to play Warhammer, Magic, et al. Where do you go to play this kind of stuff Poo?
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I had the same experience. Initially I was interested in the Titanicus table top game (I think that is what it was called). The tanks and troops where all epic scale (tiny) so you could field 6inch titans amongst mini city blocks. Loads of fun, but hard to get people together to play.

As my interest in the game was waning my interest in the universe and background was increasing. These days I just buy all the manuals, art books and novels.

The easiest way to play is at the gamesworkshop shop itself, they have game nights almost every night round here. I'm tempted, but it takes too long to paint, costs WAY too much and the average age of players here seems to be 12 Embarassed
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konedima wrote:

a) Friends
b) Enough money

WOW, I used to play it when I had those exact same things.

**** moving.
Ren Fraggle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother got an Adeptus Titanicus set when I was little. I liked it better than playing Battletech. There was only 2 models, and at the time I liked the 1v1 battles better than the huge army battles Warhammer 40k used. I think what I liked most about it was I could change the parts in the models if I wanted. I thought it was neat to take out the arm with the fist holding a gun and replace it with a giant chainsaw arm.
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:01 am    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: