FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
technology
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: technology Reply with quote

hmmm, so im playing through, and ive noticed that by the start of the thrid zone i have all the technology, and once i found the xenarch i just found a quiete place, and researched the pod technology, recylcing all of my spare stuff to get it fast.

which then of course ment i could breeze through the level as most nothing stands up to level 4 everything.

so hopefully zone 4 and 5, will be a little different. If not, as a suggestion for future games, I believe that some sort of delay on the tech tree should be put in place, or some thing that gives u an urge to upgrade and use all of the weapons, because once u work out that using a basic ship to collect everything and destroy everything, u can upgrade, skip the middle tech and jump straight into the big guns! I guess it does depend on how u play, but i know what im like with tech, gotta get the best stuff fast.

Well thats my two cents,..

(Apparently i now dominate the forums with last posts too,..) Laughing
BloodKnight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in fourth zone and I will tell you one thing:

I had the best tech like you, and I died...twice.

Third zone is nothing but a joke compared to the fourth zone, major ships and swarms of small ships are considered very common.

Don't get too cocky.
the truth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol

ok, yeah my previous post probably comes off a little cocky.

what i ment was not so much about the difficulty, more about pacing the technology, so that you have a continuous aim and drive for the next weapon/piece of kit etc. you know that feeling when running around the corridors of doom being chased by nasty bad guys with this tiny little pea shooter and then you find a chain gun? its that little rush just before you fire, knowing that u just got a little better than they did, and then of course the cycle repeats itself as u go up the teech tree.

i was just saying that the same sort of thing would be pretty cool with starscape, because its a shame that u dont really have an opertunity to play with the mid range stuff, i mean theres little point in it being there if there is no point in using it,..

but yeah sorry if my post came over wrong,..
BloodKnight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because you happen to have the best tech doesn't mean it will dominate everything.

I have around 2 or 3 ships speciallizing a certain situation in my game. I would have a ship that has pure Ion cannons for crowd control, another with "drones" along with blaster4, and another with bombs and missiles..

You still need to grab two extra techs from the two other outposts you haven't visited it yet, so don't think you are done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: