FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Arrrggghhhh!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Arrrggghhhh! Reply with quote

Darn it!

I downloaded Starscape and started playing it... after almost an hour I decided to buy it, as I wanted to save my game. I hit the buy button and was just about to got though the purchasing section on the website when the screen changed to tell me I'd run out of demo time - I desperately tried to hit the buy button, but for some reason it didn't respond, and I lost my game Sad

I don't really want to have to go through that whole starting up bit again Sad

Great game though!

It really reminds me of this game called 'WolfRayet' that my younger brother was forever writing when we were teenagers on the Archimedes - very similar - top-down spaceship combat and space stations. His was a bit more Elitey if I remember correctly, though. Oh, and his was written largely in BASIC and he could never finish it, as well... Wink
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, sorry about that, most unlucky. One thing to remember though is if you buy the game it remembers you have done the tutorial and you don't have to do it again.

Even starting a new game you get all the things you did in the demo, it knows you've done it once so you get a head start.

Actually I think disabling load AND save is harsh, next patch we will enable the save button, but still keep it so you can't load just to be safe.

Is that ok? I hope so. Go and buy it its great! Smile

<ok so I'm biased, what can I tell you>
PrettyBoyTim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's a measure of how good it is... I'm actually considering buying it and spending gaming time that could otherwise be spent playing Steel Battalion.... Very Happy
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, an Xbox mech fan eh? Have you tried Gunmetal perhaps, guess who made that then??

Still, don't rush out and buy it, we made it in our earlier days as mainstream developers and therefore don't get a penny in royalties (as usual). Still, rent it out if you see it, a good evenings worth of fun, takes about 4-6hours to complete depending.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: