FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Beating Boss of Zone 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Beating Boss of Zone 3 Reply with quote

Yeah, I know this is sad and until now I have been sailing happily along. For some reason the zone 3 boss is giving me a lot a trouble. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks for this boss. It's the one where you have to shoot out little doors (two) in order to hurt it. I seem to just get chewed up by the orange, flame-like turrets or else the electric discharge. Any tips would be appreciated, thanks.
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its all about timing, there is a path through the lasers and you have time to damage the doors and get away before the electrical discharge. It is tricky, but you Just need to time things right.
shaitan007

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, I'll keep trying. Then again, how could I not? This game is amazingly addicting.
paulm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This boss is giving me troubles too.

For me it appears that I don't get the full text in the cut scene before the battle. The chick says something like "When the turrets stop firing" and that's it. Is that normal?
paulm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. It seems that there's a better strategy than rushing in with guns blazing!
MyrddinE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two openings, on the right and left side... I recommend outfitting a ship with a bunch of bouncing lasers. Blow open one side. Just after the lightning discharge, go into the little 'room' and fire away for a few seconds, then back out again... the bouncing lasers should ricochet all around and take out all the destructible items in there. Then do the same for the other side, and voiala! No more boss.
omechron

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another handy trick is using longer ranged weapons. You don't have to get very far into its danger zone to hit it with the ion cannon or missile drones. This makes it a lot easier to avoid the beams, or get out of dodge when it gets set for the discharge...
Val

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got owned by the boss, it wasnt pretty.

Trying again, just add me to its defeated list.
Val

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooked me three times before I could take it down.
CidHighwindFF7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooked me way more than three.
I find it helps to 'chop down' your ship by taking out all extra bubblycrap such as batteries, missle pods, Grav. Beam (You can come back and get the piece), etc to make my ship lighter and more maneuverable to dodge and get in/out fast. Dont take your shields/weapons away, though...
cephas47

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another interesting thing that one can bring to bear is this:

The strobing laser turrets aren't invulnerable.

Plugging them from a distance makes the approach much much easier.
That, and researching up and outfitting all your ships with Engine4 so you'll never be overloaded again Very Happy

But anyway, yeah, I had serious problems with that boss, but mostly because once I got in, I thought the controls were on the center column, instead of the opposite walls.
Val

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second time went down without a hitch, pelted away with six Torpedos(not the best choice, but made it work)
Finally just went in there and roughed it for a few seconds with the lasers and blasted the targets from point blank then escaped before lightning.

The best for this I believe now that Ive seen it.

A FAST ship
Shield4
Straight firing weapons(Rocket, no seeking of any kind)
Ion Cannons or blasters, your choice or more Rockets if you have the weapon slots.

Id take a Prowler or Avenger in there with at least two rockets and then either two more rockets or blasters/ion cannons.

If you have very limited ammo(all rockets) use your shield4 and bust in there after taking out the covers on the back.

If you chose to have blasters/ions to go with your 2 rockets, then sit away(if ions) and pelt him or do hit and run(with blasters), until you break the covers/kill the turrets.

NEVER be in range when the lightning comes, IT IS DEADLY.

Ive now defeated it in a stock prowler(the one you get at the beginning) with only engine4, generator4 and shield4 upgrades to it. It was by far the easiest way to go. Speed kills on this boss, and alot of other things as well. Im starting to like the super movement abilities of my prowler with engine4 more than my devastator with all its armament.
hair65

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: nike shoes and wigs Reply with quote

www.google.com online shopping human hair wigs and nike shoes for discount.wholesale lace front wigs and cheap nike air max shos online.where to buy high quality synthetic wigs and roshe run shoes is a best choice.
human hair wigs
cheap lace front wigs
full lace wigs
lace front wigs
cheap human hair wigs
cheap synthetic wigs
cheap wigs for women
cheap bob wigs
african american wigs cheap
afro wigs cheap
cheap full lace wigs
cheap curly wigs
cheap cosplay wigs
cheap wigs for men
cheap costume wigs
cheap hair extensions

cheap nike shoes
nike air max
nike air max 90
nike air max 90 womens white
white roshes mens
roshes women
cheap air max 90
air max 270 mens
nike air max 1 mens
cheap nikes online
nike sb janoski
nike skateboarding shoes
nike air force one men
nike air force 1 low
black huaraches
nike huarache women
air max 270
air max sale
nike air max sale
air jordan 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: