FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
[are] there [cheats]?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: [are] there [cheats]? Reply with quote

Just a simple question really.

I'm not asking for specifics.. half the fun of cheats is finding them.

I know that in general, there's always "some programmers cheats" in there.

I was just wondering if you guys had put some in there.. seeing the Crew Shuttle coming out of the Aegis leads me to believe there may be.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short answer is no, sorry!

A longer answer has several reasons though:

*It would be unfair to anyone on the high score table if cheats were available.

*The game actually gets broken by cheats, the AI is considerably more complex than most people realise (Poo Bear gets upset that no one notices his hard work Sad ) and it reacts to how you are taking damage. If you don't get damaged when you should because you are running a cheat trainer, it ends up crashing the game after a few minutes. Someone did release a trainer patch (without our consent) although it does very little other than crash the game within five minutes Shocked

We could of course manipulate the data files whilst we were making the game (usually just to test out artwork and effects) but the gameplay was tested without cheats (it took ages!) because it would otherwise not have been accurate. The crew shuttle image is from an 'art hack' I did during development by creating a new ship type. The rotational frames are missing from the final game... Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: