FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Bioshock
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Bioshock Reply with quote

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/1394-Zero-Punctuation-BioShock

I liked this review, although, that may be because this is the first game that definitely won't run properly on my computer (P3.4Gwith7600GT) so I'm upset. To get it to play acceptably I had to turn every graphical feature off, which then left the game looking rather plain Sad

I like the setting though, mainly because I haven't seen anything like it before (other than fallout that is). The demo is ludicrously short, very easy and only demonstrates fairly standard fps game play. By the time I get a better PC it'll be available in the bargain bin so I'll probably pick it up then to see what all the fuss is about.

http://www.fileplanet.com/180044/180000/fileinfo/BioShock-Demo

Something has gone wrong here. HalfLife2 (and episodes) ran fine on this computer and looked amazing. I suspect it's because Bioshock was made for the X360 and has therefore suffered on PC or perhaps Unreal3 just isn't very good? It's a shame PC titles can't have some consistency in their hardware requirements Sad

p.s. the demo weighs in at 2Gig, plus they've zipped the installer. So you actually need another 2Gig and 10mins spare just to unzip it. Then the demo won't let you save and has fairly long and frequent hands-off cinematic sequences. The whole things is shockingly easy on "normal" and "hard" is disabled. The final cherry being it can be completed in 10mins i.e. you can finish it in less time than it took to install it. Sad
Rup

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say it runs juddery but OK on medium settings on my slower PC (AMD64 3500, 6800GT). But I'm struggling a bit on hard mode and perhaps the extra FPS would help - I'll drop the settings and give it a go. Luckily you get infinite lives Smile

Haven't got very far yet, haven't had much time to play, but generally impressed so far. Only niggle is it eats 100% CPU when you alt-tab out Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: