FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
DrBrainRedux
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: DrBrainRedux

DrBrainRedux

To view, test and approve pending adventures, join the adventure authors group. Note that there may be severe bugs and we cannot guarantee family friendly content in unapproved adventures
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! This is pretty bonkers! I can see it's going to take a while for me to play through.

Love the intro - very cinematic Smile
Zharmad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'm trying to script the bells and whistles at the moment.

Only problem is that a few areas are a bit dangerous for me to freeze Asimov and start a conversation. Razz

---
Hey, I'm wondering if I should add some scripts for hints?
Crussh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im stuck in the room with water, ive found a blue passkey but i still cant find any way past the water.
Sergenth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either I've forgotten how to download adventures, or this one isn't showing up in my list. And I approved it accidentally, hoping that it would allow me to download it... Razz
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergenth wrote:
Either I've forgotten how to download adventures, or this one isn't showing up in my list. And I approved it accidentally, hoping that it would allow me to download it... Razz

I was having that same problem and I expected it to be fixed in this latest patch but I was till having the trouble. So, I decided to try to craft an email describing what appeared to be wrong and everything that I had tried when it occurred to me that perhaps the problem may lie in the fact that my forum email address was different from the email address that I bought the game with. So, I decided to see if that was the case by changing my forum email to the one that I bought the game with. After changing it I was able to download this adventure.

Now I'm off to see what Zharmad has created!
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blizgerg wrote:
I decided to see if that was the case by changing my forum email to the one that I bought the game with. After changing it I was able to download this adventure.

I'm sure it must have been something else - the adventure authors test is done by linking your accounts from the accounts page - it doesn't key of the email.
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
I'm sure it must have been something else - the adventure authors test is done by linking your accounts from the accounts page - it doesn't key of the email.

Huh, I donno. I was sure that was the only thing that changed between when it worked and when it did not. Oh well, works now so I can't complain. Smile

On topic, Wow! this adventure is really interesting and hard!
I must second Fost in that it will take me a while to play through this but I'm looking forward to it!
Crussh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still stuck at the water room, can someone give me a hint?

EDIT: found a red passkey and lowered the water but im still stuck at the water room Confused
Zharmad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, I've been away for a while.

You're stuck at the south room right? My laptop is still packed away in the car so I can't get with the details, however...

About the South room that's filled with water and getting started:
Spoiler (highlight to read):

To clear the coolant from the south room, you'll need to activate a total of 4 pumping stations. The red key gives access to the first station across the corridor from the two engineers. This will alllow you to clear the stairs to the line of crates without taking damage and will also change the conversation thread somewhat if you haven't entered the water room yet

And after the above clue:
You can get to another two pumping stations from the line of crates. The jumping is precise, but you can make it. I had to make the jumps with the mouse because my laptop keyboard only takes 2-3 keys at once. The second station you meet is relatively simple, while the third one below is more challenging. Note you can actually activate this second station without activating the first one, though you'll need both of them for the third.

About the blue passkeys:
The blue passkey should give you access through the western set of rooms I named Mirrormirror. You won't need the blue key beyond those rooms, I think. There is an optional puzzle in the ducts at the end, as well as the Devil's Marbles which houses the fourth station. Come to think of it, you'll need the blue key for the Marbles.

Basically, you'll need to clear the water to get to each of the rooms in turn. I've made it a bit more linear in that you'll have to get to the last two stations in sequence. So I think I'll be giving some more clues from Eve about where to go.

I have made maybe six secret teleports so far. I didn't really want to give you shortcuts across the deck,.but the teleports do lead you to someplace nicer.
If you find a yellow key, I'm using them for the bonus rooms in the second room group.

EDIT: If you need to know, the room MirrorMirror2 has side exits, one of which leads to the Marbles. The room and/or its antechamber will be flooded, however, if you don't have the other 3 stations online.

Last edited by Zharmad on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a typo in the lua script for room SPump4 on line 31.
Code:
      saveKeyVAl( "SpumpD_visit", "DONE" )

should be
Code:
      saveKeyVal( "SpumpD_visit", "DONE" )

Current version of this adventure that I am using is 0.2
Zharmad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, that's a bugfix. Razz Ironically, it's one of the few rooms I didn't check over on my last run through before 0.2.

I will upload a new version soon.

EDIT: Hey Fost, I encountered some kind of error with the v0.3 update but it now shows v0.3 and I don't know if it worked. Sorry I didn't scribe the error down, because I simply tried the upload button again. <- which told me the system had 0.3 already. Should I just make a 0.4?
Zharmad

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone... is there any feedback so far whether this is too difficult or anything else?

I don't know what to make of it myself so I haven't made any new rooms yet past the upload. Should I (if I ever get around to this) try to implement guided hints in-game?
Blizgerg

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have spent over an hour trying to do SPump4... I seem to need to solve this room to go any further. I find it a bit to frustrating, it makes me want to quit and stop playing the adventure. The problem I am having is that center switch on the three switches at the bottom. I can't get the steel ball to make that switch go down. I only got it to line up once but then I messed up the other switches and had to start over. You may want to give a hint or make it a little bit easier or something.

Other than that I have found what I have seen so far fun. Although it looks as though I have only seen about half the adventure. Playing this has given me a lot of ideas too. Smile
Zharmad

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I'll think about tweaking that. Will do one of three things...

One: Make it a bonus puzzle. It's a matter of adjusting the height and adding an extra door to make the bonus 'worthwhile'.

Two: Remove the center switch, or at least fix up the room so that it's easy to get to.

Three: Explain that you figure out the way to roll the ball directly onto that middle switch. The rolling direction of the ball must be downslope. Will look at the puzzle again.

EDIT: Okay, looked at the puzzle. The trick is with the south-scrolling conveyors directly uphill from the switches. You want to have the ball here, rolling north against the conveyor direction so that you have ample time to put yourself above the ball and push it down-slope again. As long as the balls roll downslope you won't have to worry about it not holding the switch down properly - there is room to aim for the center switch.

I can draw a diagram later if people want.

What I've also done is to make the conveyers just slightly easier so that every marble can be used (for at least some switches). Haven't uploaded this version yet.

---
If you get to SB1D before I upload the next patch, I apologise in advance. The conversation will get annoying AND I myself stuff it up more than 9 in 10 when doing the room properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> User Adventures All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: