FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Konedima's Guide to Steam Bargains
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wowinterface.com/list.php?skinnerid=140127
Nothing fancy... I aim for mods that are simple and fulfill a specific purpose.
DogBoy
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Steam signup Reply with quote

I have lost interest in Steam after being completely unable to register. I tried repeatedly over a period of about a week and kept getting the same "your account registration failed, try again later" message. Otherwise I would have bought the discount Sam & Max season.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I bought The Orange Box (and thus had an actual use for Steam), I was somewhat ****** that I couldn't take advantage of an offer for ATI graphics card owners. It sitting in a box (long since superseded) and not in my computer doesn't change the fact that I own it.

To be fair, they now have the same offer for NVIDIA owners, so that really only leaves out users of integrated graphics and such (and if that's the case, Half-Life 2 Deathmatch and Lost Coast aren't really going to help you anyway).

Now the reason I hate Steam is that they're constantly sucking me in to spend money...
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few days ago, Steam added several EA games, but only for those (un)fortunate enough to live in North America. I'd like to point out that that's now been rectified, and the games should be available around most of the world (the news article says Europe specifically, however the games are showing up for me here down under).

What's particularly notable is that the games apparently have no DRM other than Steam's own.
Ren Fraggle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if anyone will be interested in this, but there is a website you can legally purchase really old games cheaply. They guarantee that every game is without DRM of any kind, and that every game will work on a windows XP/Vista system. Most games also have extra download bonuses such as soundtracks, maps and various pieces of art.
www.gog.com if anyone's interested. it means Good Old Games.

Right now, they're making a deal on some good ones such as the Fallout series, the Descent series, Freespace series, and MDK.
Rup

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, if they really are legit (?) then that looks great.

There's two of my old favourites on there IGI2 and Hostile Waters. Alas no Wing Commander or any of the Moonpod guys' old games.
Mystryon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I have an account with GOG so far I only have their two freebies they are giving out now, but it's an awesome site, the company if people don't know is CD PROJEKT the guys that brought us The Witcher, and The Witcher enhanced, which btw is free to those that already have The Witcher.
Mystryon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo hoo just got a little bit of money to spend and I went to buy a game on steam called space trader :merchant marine, turns out they have a package deal, you basically get 11 games by these people for $49.99 pretty good deal and actually one of the games is a trilogy so if you count that it's more like 13 games... they are under the indie genre but I notice that it looks like they are all made by different people, just all have the same publisher, eh I dunno, but any way you look at it, a nice deal
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No specific deal this weekend, they have a holiday sale with 10-75% off everything. I haven't had a chance to look through everything yet, but there are some good deals on offer (such as Bioshock for $4.99, the Valve Complete Pack for $74.99 (down from $99.99), Portal for $4.99, and too many others to mention).

A far from complete list is at http://store.steampowered.com/holidaysale, but if you want to see everything on offer you'll have to look through the store manually.

It's on until January 2nd.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... my friend recommended FlatOut to me as a good arcade racer, and with the Steam sale I thought I'd have a look.

Unofrtunately, I can't really decide whether to get FlatOut + FlatOut 2 for $7.49 or FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage for $9.99.

Anyone played these enough to make a recommendation?
Mystryon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I haven't played that series of games, but if you can't get both, I'd go with the 2 pack. You gotta figure what your looking at with the newest one is better graphics, and maybe some new features, but with the two pack your getting two whole games, which in the end means more playing time. Plus if you really like them, I'm sure later on the other one will go on sale again, or have a price drop. but that is just how I look at it.
Ren Fraggle

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't play racers often; they're not my favorite sort of game. I probably suck at them more than other people that enjoy them more than I do. I've also only played the first Flatout in it's demo form. Taking my admitted skill and level of interest in this, please, feel free to take my input lightly.

I've played a few racing games that I enjoyed. The ones I enjoyed most were Rock & Roll Racing on the SNES, and 1nsane on the PC.

As for Flatout, it was made for action instead of realism, which means they exaggerate tires slipping across the road because you made a teeny adjustment to the control, unless you slow down to 10mph first. I also got tired fast of seeing the driver fly out of the windshield after every car-stopping crash. It was a little entertaining the first time, but that was it. I also remember the game having very little tolerance for running off the track, slowing you down a lot. The demo also came with a target shooting game where you crash your car into a wall, so the driver shoots out and hits the target.

Flatout 2 had good opinions from people I know who liked the first game. I didn't ask too many questions about it, so I don't really know what they added.

Flatout: Ultimate Carnage looked disappointing. From what I heard, it looks like this is Flatout 2, which was ported to the Xbox with a few minor improvements and added tracks, then ported back to the PC just like that. There have been a few complaints about the graphics supposedly not being as good as Flatout 2 was, and the same controls from the Xbox being ported back onto the PC.

From what I've looked into and heard, I'd probably recommend saving a couple bucks and getting Flatout 1+2.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massive sale is over now. Anyone have as much fun (read: spend as much money) as me?
Slyh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know. How much fun did you have? Wink

I bought Runaway 2, Luxor 2, Bioshock (which is censored! Mad) and I-Fluid for 18,50 Euros.
Konedima
Grammar Police
Grammar Police

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bioshock, Dawn of War complete pack, Flatout 1 + 2 pack, Garry's Mod, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life, Opposing Force for a little under $60 US.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Game Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: