FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
XP stats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Battlescape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to take into consideration in some way, that the human spirit is the greatest weapon of all. Perhaps using an xp system. Poo Bear is still working out what is possible, so obvious disclaimers apply to anything I say.

I was watching a program about Victoria Cross winners the other week. There was a British guy on there who despite being heavily wounded, had taken out loads of tanks using a PIAT gun. (basically whilst the Americans were probably running around with bazookas, the Brits had what looked like a piece of drainpipe containing a spring. It took two people to load a grenade into, and when fired had no effect on a tank's armour whatsoever Rolling Eyes ). He managed to take out the tracks on tanks whilst running around really fast with it. When he ran out of ammo, he switched to using a mortar turned on it's side and fired from the hip.

In a game you'd be a bit annoyed though if you rolled 50 tanks into a village and one soldier armed with a fruit knife took them all out! Perhaps off the shelf heros might be a better idea with a point allocation to match their 'hardness'. A lot of tabletop battle games do that.

Ack! more artwork requirements Crying or Very sad
Gravitron

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean, and always wanted it myself (well to be the fruit knife guy that is).
However, and the reason I would believe it isn't being done in any other game, is because it's simply way too hard a system to develop and balance out.
Instead, in games the such as Diablo, they turned to giving you equipment slots and the items you ran onto in your way are what giving you the real buff to face many strong foes at once instead of "experience" or mere attributes (though in D2 those attribs sure go high enough...there were quite the few hicups on D2 IMO, but anyway...).

If you really want to try it, I suggest taking a closer look at the battletech system, as it's based on how the (genetic) skill of a single man or woman mastering their mech could take out an entire legion of inferiors.
So you might find the system you seek in there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Battlescape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: