FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Multiplayer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Battlescape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multiplayer is a must!

Anything made for Gaming that has no MP loses!

That said, I'd like to see a MP Starscape that can be played on LAN, WWW and anything else that has TCP/IP. (Especially Coop).

Also sinceI'm in minority on this I'll be brief: I have switched to a Dvorak keyboard, yet most games I engage use a QWERTY base. I'm not surpised, since who uses a more efficient keyboard when everyone knows that QWERTY is standard? Confused
(keyboard same, layout different) Wink Yep, I'm a whiner!

If it's possible to have a random preference generator, or a "Dominant, Secondary" preference ruling (similar to dice rolling in D&D), it could liven things like a mini RPG-RTS. Maybe?

Different Tech trees would increase workload, but properly aligned, tho completely diff, gameplay would be awesome.

Simple is key. Simple weapons, simple ccontrols, and smart AI that actually does as its supposed to. (ie rally if attacked, or ambush)

Maybe I have no idea, but I do know that if it aint MP it aint! Razz
SST_Defiant^DFA^

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a Multiplayer RTS game, i think It's best to keep things simple but fun.

1. Eliminate AI's and that building stuff, like build weapons and ships.
2. Give players option to choose sides, Human vs. some form of Alien or Robot.
3. Give both sides some ships with equal powers so no one complain why the Enemy ships are better or vice versa.
4. Add some Strategic elements to the game like, Capturing a Base or a Planet by either Destroying Them or Landing Armies or Troops like in some games, for example, NETREK, IRONSQUAD and STARSHIP TROOPERS: BATTLESPACE.

http://www.netrek.com
http://www.ironsquad.com
http://www.sstlivesforever.com/sstbattlespace/main.html
Gravitron

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would ussually agree to the KISS principle, however, if they are to take it off and not be just another one of those SC clones, they'll have to be much more heavy than that.

And not anything made for gaming that has no MP loses.
Infact most of the games that made this industry even existing begun with nothing but a simple singleplayer, and they hit the bullseye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Battlescape All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: