FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Thoughts for Starscape 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought of an idea... interaction with the crew !

that could bring around buddies to help you in your missions etc...

could have a drink with the security chief, tell the captain she must like her make up and see whats under JJ's overalls.

Maybe be able to tweak the settings of your weapons and weapon a litte and maybe go more in depth to be able to make your own custom engine.
maybe i am going too far but these little things could go very far.
BluePhoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drazek wrote:
these are just off the top of my mind.

You must have a big head then! Wink
I agree with the "not so linear" idea. Oh, and some sort of "Cargo space" stat for each hull, and maybe an HP value of sorts. Definately different types of hulls. I mean, it <i>is</i> a research vessel. It should have more than just fighters. Maybe mining ships, which have less speed or something, but more cargo room, and maybe reseach ship to allow you to "research" things you find or something.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drazek wrote:
and see whats under JJ's overalls

i like that idea Shocked

PS. yay bicentenayl poast
Weeble
Starscape Jedi
Starscape Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

icarus wrote:
PS. yay bicentenayl poast

You really do have some of the most creative spelling I've ever seen.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i cant help it if i cant speel

btw weacome back weeble wareve you been
magicman1x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is only one thing that i think would be cool....online play! where you can team up with others or fight them.
HunterXI

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icarus wrote:
well i cant help it if i cant speel

btw weacome back weeble wareve you been

and why is that?

yeah, Weeble, where have you been?
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably real life. It always manages to interfere with my gaming darn it!
HunterXI

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth Dallas wrote:
Probably real life. It always manages to interfere with my gaming darn it!

lmao Smile

damn you real life!
Thorpe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 2 penny suggestions, elaborating on various improvements i'd pay to see put in a sequel Smile

More hulls with asymmetrical weapon slots (eg, a light hull with two 1x1 slots and a 1x2 slot). Also hulls that emphasize capability to carry more equipment, rather than weapons (the 'cargo hauler' being something you can make 'kinda sorta' in Starscape

Elaborate on 'new evolutions' of the discovered technology of the origional Starscape.

-The rocket/torpedo line could evolve cluster rockets that fire and explode in pre-determined locations, as well as powerful 'capitol ship' dumb fire rockets incredibly handy for hitting vulnerable areas on tough (and slow)cap ships.

-Mountable rotary turrets for your ships (eg, a 2x2 block best fitted on a hull with more 'equipment' room) which mounts a 360 degree auto-aim turret, much like the turrets mounted on the Aegis now.

-fancier beam weaponry, such as an ion cannon that rapidly fires reflecting beams in a single direction rather than a spread (a 'machine gun ion' that can focus fire on one spot), and some more earth tech weapons like flak guns ^_^

-fun equipment like adding a laser sight so you can see where you're aiming, as well as targeting systems which can provide 'target locks' for homing missile systems (it'd be cool to see 'lock boxes' appear on enemies as they come into view, one for each homing missile launcher!) and improved aiming for turrets. Starscape 2 should demonstrate a little more 'standard' human technology.

-AI pilots that can fly ships you build. programmed to develop various 'effective' firing tactics like firing while in reverse, sliding, or even pulling circles around gravitrons! You've made it back to earth, you're not the only pilot around anymore.

-the ability to set up remote mining outposts in nodes, as well as 'construct' defensive emplacements to guard them (or, more likely, 'stall' the enemy while you scurry your little warp drive to defend it). You've brought back drone technology, why not set the little buggers to a little slave duty.

-more upgrade options for the Aegis, or successor ship, such as improved cargo space (I don't care what Max & JJ say. Stuff the ore in garbage bags and hang'm out the launch bay until you need them!)
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ore would split the garbuge bags byt maby you can put it in empty hanger bays
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some good ideas Thorpe. Probably the only other thing I would've loved to have outfitted more was the Aegis - how about some 1x1 blocks for some *cough* nova bomb emplacements *cough* Wink

But yea, I think if the next one is a little more epic in scale and if its a similar situation (your stranded yet again), it does start to make more sense to be able to outfit whatever main ship you came in with especially when you factor in needs of the crew and possible allies to boot (trade, research, recruitment etc.) to stay alive
HunterXI

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Aegis shooting Nova Bombs? That brings a tear to my eye Wink

Wait, would they be more powerful Nova Bombs? Like Nova Nukes?

I think that the game should allow you, very slowly and expensively, to turn the Aegis into one hell of a Warship.
Darth Dallas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it'd be fun to fly around in it as my ship for a few missions Smile
Thorpe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I also throw in about being able to conduct parallel research and development Smile Here are a few more 1 cent ideas for a sequel Smile

-Parallel production or a production queue, enabling you to either work on several projects simultaneously, or keep your teams busy with a 'to do' list without your constant supervision.

-Research produces one functional peice of equipment upon completion. If a new weapon is researched, it supplies you with their working prototype as well as providing the specs to Development.

-Equipment on both the Aegis and your fighter craft can be damaged/destroyed. After extensive damage to your hull is suffered, you risk loosing weapon systems or equipment (damaged equipment works at half efficiency, destroyed equipment is gone for good). Low Difficulty: No equipment damage, Medium difficulty: non-vital equipment damage, hard difficulty: Non vital equipment can be destroyed, engine/generators can be damaged. Veteran: All equipment can be destroyed, including engines/generators (yes, this means you turn into a sitting duck until destroyed or can call for a mobile docking procedure)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Starscape All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: