FAQ Search
Memberlist Usergroups
  Forum Statistics Register
Moonpod Homepage Starscape Information Mr. Robot Information Free Game Downloads Starscape Highscore Table
Non-infantry units
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Battlescape View previous topic :: View next topic  
 Author
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just one thing whare is moonpod central?
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheffield in the UK.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since a yanky like me knows nuthing about the geografy of uk (and is to lazy to find a map) i will just have to complain about it but please include naval units in the first edtion if you dount it's just anouter starcraft (that game woulda rocked wit navil units please you nead a navy

and put space/subtranien warfair in the same expanshin
X-Fighter
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sniff, nobody liked my idea. Crying or Very sad

Anyway, it's "stellar", not stella.

Oh, and I have nothing to do with any M.O.L.E. attacks on MoonPod central, Sheffield, England, or anyplace other than France. I probably don't have anything to do with M.O.L.E. attacks on France either, but it's tough to fight "peer pressure", and I cannot be certain I can maintain my will power in the face of such adversity. My apologies in advance for any franconian losses from the M.O.L.E. system caused on my behalf.
Harabek

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's great. But, what about some more specifics on the units themselves? All we have established is that there will be no underground units. And, that naval and space units will come in expansions(sounds great). How many units are we talking(ballpark)? 20? 50? 73.334? And, what will be the balance of who can attack ground, air, or both? Will GI Joe be able to shoot at a bomber overhead? How about specialized weapons like stingers? Question

(Sorry if this is long) Embarassed
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thare whill be an infinate amount of units beacuse you coustomise them anywhay* you like them

and X i thought you wanted undergound units and i diddent mean actualy shoot peple i just mean dig out of the ground and saprise them with homade M.O.L.E tanks and then picket the place until thay make subtrainen units

P.S. if you are a french hater you should see a move caled avolon its so cool it could make anyone not hate the french (its like the matricks if the matricks dident suck and more than one person had a french accent)

*almoast
Poo Bear
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icarus wrote:
please include naval units in the first edtion if you dount it's just anouter starcraft

Reminds me of conversations with marketing men...

Marketing - What's the tag line, sum it up in one sentence, why should anyone buy it, how is it different from everything else, don't tell me details give me headlines, blow me away, whats NEW!!!! But it better be just like XYZ too or nobody will get it.

Me - errr, well we are trying to implement some fundamentally new play styles and maybe turn the genre on its head and really surprise a few people. Should be lots of fun if we pull it off I guess.

Marketing - What! Are you crazy? What's the USP (unique selling point)? Who is doing the voice overs, is there a film license, is it on a next-gen console? What genre is this anyway?

Me - well, its an RTS.

Marketing - ok,ok. RTS, RTS, let me think. We've had tanks, soldiers, space ships, aliens, genetic mutants, realistic, fantasy, sci-fi. What's the next big thing, the next blockbuster. Ok, lets set the whole thing underground, underwater, do angels vs devils, go micro-machines and set it in your home and have rats vs mice. How about you can go first person and ride around in all the vehicles, or each side has one mega giant robot each player controls like the lizard race have godzilla and the apes have king kong. Or each battle takes place on a small moon, you actually model everything on a sphere and you can spin it round and zoom in with ships in orbit and everything. No, we set the whole thing in the clouds and each city is a giant airship and all the units are variations of planes. Hang on, how about a planet where the dinosaurs never died out and all the units are based on a recognizable prehistoric beasty with guns bolted on - jurassic Park meets world war 3, hell if nothing else it would be educational!

Me - but, if we did any of those we wouldn't have any time for anything else, anything risky.

Marketing - now your talking.

(actually the marketing guy probably had the right idea $$$)
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icarus wrote:
you should see a move caled avolon

Nice film, although I'm not sure about the French reference: That film is in Polish and the director is none other than Mamoru Oshii: Japanese director of the original Ghost in The Shell movie and its soon to be screened sequel, and also the Patlabor Movies.

The 30 mins orchestra at the end was a bit odd, but the rest was cool; especially considering the minute budget...
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icarus wrote:
i diddent mean actualy shoot peple i just mean dig out of the ground and saprise them with homade M.O.L.E tanks and then picket the place until thay make subtrainen units

In theory we could add something like that. I thought you meant fighting in caves! In fact we could do that as well, but it would essentially be a landscape map made to look like it is underground, with black areas where there is solid rock (Seems a bit poor?). A tank that when you move it burrows underground, and then if you are lucky it turns up somewhere near where you sent it to, could be pretty cool - it might be especially vulverable when appearing. It would require custom code though, so we really want to get the reconfigurable unit core in and balance that before anything else.
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the USP hear is coustomisable units that doesint get used enough i can recall 2 games in wich you clould do this one of them i played: meatel knight (termanate restince) which was a rts with coustomiseeble mecs but thare were only leags bodys and wepons it had a plot simaler to battlescape (batte on a colany planit vs evil corprits, the tearin army, and the restinces) and was prity fun but that game is vertualy unkown. and the outher game is shatterd galixy wich is a online rts which is almoast exactly lilke playing starcraft online exept you can only use 6 units at a time and only build new ones between battles. thare are a few outhe coustamiseable unit RTS but thay all are vertulay unknown (and i have never played them)

and anouther USP would be subtranien and space units (the only game to do that is meatel fatuge*)

if you dount atleast have navil units it will be anouther starcraft (a SI-FI rts with infintry tanks and planes.
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icarus wrote:
if you dount atleast have navil units it will be anouther starcraft (a SI-FI rts with infintry tanks and planes.

Battlescape is going to be different, but not in the way some people are expecting it seems. I worry that everyone has their own agenda - some people just seem to want the ultimate version of TA or Starcraft for instance.

If we just set out to make Starcraft but with naval units then that's a pretty silly difference to base all our work on. This sort of mentality is one of the reasons we are happy we moved out of the mainstream game industry - all the innovation there is just adding one or two things to existing games in an attempt to repeat that game's succes.

I would rather play a game with one unit that is properly game play balanced, than with every unit known to man (and some unknown).
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fost wrote:
if we just set out to make Starcraft but with naval units then that's a pretty silly difference to base all our work on.

thats not what i mean i just want a SI-FI RTS with coustomisable units (check), nonlinere gameplay(check), naval space and subteranien warfare (no check), and unlimated tactacle posabilatys (maby?)
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you are possibly* going to be dissapointed - sorry.

*(possibly because the final unit list will depend on what we decide works well. We are likely to make more than we need and trim any we don't think work so well.)
icarus
Troll
Troll

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i will just have to wait for the expanchen pack and by then i will have counvised you to make subtreanin units
Fost
Pod Team
Pod Team

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squatting on the board repeating oneself is a surefire way to put us off the idea though... Wink

Mind you- I don't really need much convincing - Tunneling vehicles could be good in Battlescape. They just need custom code to work, so maybe they'll show up someday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Discussion Pod Forum Index -> Battlescape All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: