| Tested Systems
has been tested with the following hardware, although we can’t guarantee
the game will work on all configurations we have done our utmost to ensure
compatibility on a wide range of hardware.
- Windows 95 with OpenGL add on or Windows95 OSR2
- Windows 98, Windows ME, WindowsNT4, Windows2000, Win XP
- IBM PC compatible processor - Intel Pentium II 300Mhz or equivalent
AMD or better
- 64Mb or more system memory
- Supported 3D Accelerator Card (16Mb minimum)
- 100 MB Free hard disk space
- SoundBlaster or DirectSound compatible sound card
Starscape supports Direct3D compatible cards with the following chipsets:
- Voodoo 3,4,5,6
- Rage 128, Rage 128 Pro, Rage MAXX, Radeon series
- Matrox G400, Parhelia
- Nvidia Riva TNT, TNT2 (all variations), GeForce, Quadro, GeForce2,
GeForce3, GeForce4, GeForceFX
- S3 Savage 3D, Savage S4, Savage2000
- Power VR Kyro1, Kyro2
- SiS 305 or better
- Trident Blade XP or better
- The golden rule: If you can’t get the free demo to run then
don’t buy the game.
- Starscape is not compatible with the following video chipsets - 3DFX
Voodoo 1, 3DFX Voodoo 2, 3DFX Voodoo Rush, 3DFX Velocity 100.
- Users are advised to refrain from minimising the game using ALT/TAB
or any other key combination. If access to the Windows desktop is needed
we recommend that the game be quit first. If any sound or video problems
are encountered, we recommend updating to the latest sound or video.
To check which video drivers are currently being used, run DXDIAG (this
can be done by selecting the ‘Run’ option on the START menu
and typing 'DXDIAG') and select the ‘Display’ tab. This
will list the device name and driver version.
- If problems are encountered when running the game, users are advised
to close down all other programs that may be running. Doing this will
ensure that Starscape is able to use the maximum system resources available.
To check which other programs are open, press the CONTROL, ALT and DELETE
keys at the same time. This will bring up a menu titled ‘Close
Program’. This menu lists all the programs currently running,
a completely clean system should only have Explorer and Systray listed
on this screen. N.B. If you are unsure what the programs currently running
are, do not close them unless you are having problems running the game
(with either game stability or speed).
- The game may run on modern laptops with hardware accelerated graphics
cards, check your machine specification and try the demo first.